89 Ridgeback 602

dadstardeluxe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So this is a new thread for a Christmas Karma frame I gladly received from Ian (ishaw). Frame is really good, I particularly like the splatter paint job. I also got some other parts from Ian to get the build going, and though I have made some progress in the living room (understanding wife), it's some way off yet and I am trying a few things out to decide on the final spec. Am not after catalogue perfection, just something that looks period correct. Just thought I'd post this and follow it up to see what you thought. Will get better pics soon...
Thanks

Attachments

• Ridge.jpg
    Ridge.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,756
  • IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,759
Good work. Nice to see it built up with Mountain LX, thumbshifters and skinwall tyres.
...or at least that's what it looks like from the pictures.

Nice to see one of these again - I hesitated a long time over one of these back in the day before finally buying a Rockhopper instead. Always liked those Ridgebacks though.

drystonepaul":q8l9vsh4 said:
Good work. Nice to see it built up with Mountain LX, thumbshifters and skinwall tyres.
...or at least that's what it looks like from the pictures.

Yep you are spot on. Good eyes!

I had 603 gs bitd, Paid £350 for a set of Pace 35 AB forks to go on it, one of the best riding bikes I ever owned, wish I still had it now :(

Loved looking at the Ridgebacks in the old Madison catalogues (IIRC). Great bikes and agree that there are not enough seen on here.

Back