Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:59 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: 1996 GT Xizang
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:31 am 
Retro Guru

Its the only Xizang I've ever seen in person, so i can only guess thats the case, I know the 19 inch is only slightly bigger.

@langers, sorry for slow reply, pretty different, the zaskar is a reissue so built around much newer geometry and it much shorter in the top tube and steeper head angle with longer travel..well thats how it seems, the Zaskar is very darty, the Xizang is much slower. I find since i'm spending most of my time on the road bike the Zaskar is much easier to switch to, the Xizsang feels fery sluggish in the front for some reason (probsably my set up more than anything) but once you get used to it, maybe a few km of trail its fine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:48 pm 
Old School Hero

shogun wrote:
Very nice! When I have a functioning retrobike again we should have a Tassie meet up, I'm sure AndrewL would have something to drag out of the Ling-Cave. Had a chance to get out on the new trails at Trevallyn yet?

very nice bike, I will bring my Zaskar down for the meet up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:09 pm 
Retro Guru

Race day! Took it on one of our mid week races the other week, geez I'm unfit (been the wetest windiest winters I can ever remember, did more runnign than riding it's been that bad)... had a blast (got lapped ugh), took some truly terrible pictures...

Bought some cheap scales, did some weighing...
Xizang came in at like 24 pounds, so not real light (but the scales not real accurate) but then the build isn't really light... (Zaskar came in at just under 23, road bike at 15.5) I think if I took off the bar ends and brake boosters and the wiiiide bars, put on some lighter cranks and wheels (got new wheels coming).. but it all works well so no point doing that...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6