1993/94 Fastback Single Speed - Scott Pro Racing?

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I thought I out to start a separate thread for this, rather than continuing the thread I started in chat to try to identify it. It has obviously been converted to single speed dropouts and I assume it originally had a canti bridge and more cable guides that were removed at the same time.

Single-speed+Frame+%281%29.JPG

Single-speed+Frame+%282%29.JPG

Single-speed+Frame+%283%29.JPG

It has two frame numbers on the bottom bracket shell:

MT93027679 and MB10934

which suggest it may be a '93 frame, though that could be completely wrong.

Single-speed+Frame+%284%29.JPG

Single-speed+Frame+%285%29.JPG

The bottom bracket shell is 68mm and the seat post is 30.0mm.

I finally finished off stripping it down tonight and with the seat bolt and 4 bottle cage bolts in it weighs pretty much dead on 2kg.

I need to have a look at the Hope headset, as it wasn't very smooth and then reassemble it to take it for a spin to check whether it's big enough for me before I make any more plans for it.

I've managed to get a crankset that will be perfect for it - pictures to follow - that I couldn't resist and is very similar to the one I decided on for my Karakoram Elite :)

Last edited:
It looks promising.

Also its nice sometimes to have a bit of mystery....

Dont you think.

Are you planning to re-attach a rear hanger etc & make it geared... :)

Not knowing things usually bugs me, but I'm trying to embrace the mystery!

If it's definitely big enough for me I'll use it as a single speed to replace my previous single speeds, so the Zaskar and the Peugeot can return to being geared.

I'll probably find a rear canti hanger solution though, as I'm not a massive fan of Vs.

I finally built this up, purely as a test of size before I buy any more parts for it.

IMG_0286.JPG

I'm really pleased with it, but it will need a much longer seat post. I've bought a 350mm one, but I think I'll need a 400mm one. I definitely enjoyed the test ride (despite it being rather under-geared) so I'll commit to a proper build up of it now.

It's suffering from my indecision! I've half vinyl-covered the frame and now I'm trying to decide whether it's a good enough job and to finish it off and build it up or whether to get it powdercoated instead.

Other than that, I think I have all the parts to build it up other than a chainring that would give me the gearing I wanted. I'm away this weekend, but hopeful of making progress and hopefully getting it built up next weekend.

I also have some alternative Galli wheels for it to fit in with the stainless frame/red components theme, but I can't decide whether they'll be too much or not, so once I try them out I'll be looking for opinions.

Now the weather's improving it would be great to have it rideable.

Oh, and the canti hanger I have for the rear is just a little wide to sit between the stays at the right angle, so I need to file it down a little.

Re:

I have a Far east Gary Fisher with the same fast back arrangement and cable guide, and seat tube arrangement as this.

Back