1990 Peugeot Black Rock (we reckon)

tlambeth

Retro Guru
I bought this at a local junk shop, its had very little use, stripped for cleaning or sale...?

4130 CR-MO frame in great condition. Its Midnight Blue with faint light blue splattering...

Exage LX500 (FD M500, RD M500)
LX300 cranks (FC M300 biopace).
BR-MT60 cantis.
ST-M050R STI shifter/brake lever combi.

FH-M452 rear hub on black Alesa rim
Unknown fron hub on black Alesa rim

I'm undecided on building it back up, full spec, single speed or just selling the bits.......?

Attachments

• IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 4,194
  • IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 4,193
  • IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 4,194
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 4,195
Judging by the components (90-on mech/crank/shifter, pre-90 brakes/hubs) I'd say 1990.

Low to mid-spec parts and plain gauge frame doesn't really appeal to the enthusiast, so not hugely valuable sadly. But it would still look good cleaned up and sell easily on eBay.

Thanks guys! After a bit of extra research i found it in a 1990 catalogue...! i think i will put her back together, but maybe stick some butterscotch psychos on her, theyve been collecting dust for ages... ill update when shes back to her former!

That looks a lot of fun. Been looking at something similar myself and been hoping to find a catalogue. Found a million but not the right one, could you post a link? Might be the one!

My first ever mountain bike, bought for me in 1990.
All sounds original except:
- the front hub on mine was a cheap shimano one to match the rear
- Saddle was a big Velo gel thing

Tyres look original too, which were Kenda Farmer John knock offs.

I loved it and rode mine to death for 2 1/2 years until I cracked it at the top of the seatstay on a bit of a heavy landing.

Still a favourite paint job of mine.

Build it back up and ride it, and let me know if you ever sell!

The saddle on this one was a ridiculous sofa sized thing with chrome springs... And the tyres are the originals as far as I can tell, made by swallow...? She is a heavy old beast.

I will let you know if I ever sell, she can't be worth a great deal thou...?

Great catalogue link, cheers, still doesn't have my bright pink Peugeot raider, 89-90 I reckon (though I think that's probably gone anyway). Anyone heard of it? There's one photo on the internet without much detail.

Ok, for those who care...

I've started to put her back together and ive put the tatty old Psychos on her to add some interest...! ive ordered a headset converter to run an A-head stem, basically because the quill stem fitted is pony, and at a silly angle.

Attachments

• IMG_1035-001.JPG
    IMG_1035-001.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 3,981
Back