Todays new arrival!

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Evening all, just returned from picking up a new arrival in the form of this early marin. Im not sure what it is to be honest!, model decals are gone, as is one of the downtube marin decals, the rest are still there. Pretty tidy paint wise...one or 2 scratches though. grey zolatone paint, 16.5" C-T, rear U brake.

It came sprinkled with a liberal dash of ringle stem & skewers, answer M-sport forks. Middleburn chainset, modern alex rims front wheel, and LX everything else. Oh and a RC130 bar that looks like new.

Sorry for the piccies, I left my camera memory card at work so am limited to my mobile phone at the mo.

Any help on model ID would be appreciated, although missing its original stem & forks its probably pretty hard to track down.

SP_A0107.jpg

SP_A0119.jpg

SP_A0111.jpg

SP_A0120.jpg

SP_A0113.jpg

SP_A0114.jpg

SP_A0115.jpg

It also arrived with a rather funky spare front wheel, any info on the hub also appreciated!

SP_A0116.jpg

SP_A0117.jpg

Just to show how pap my phone is for pictures, the hub and brakes are red not purple.

My best guess so far is a 91 Bear valley. although the paint work shown in the catalogue appears to be a much darker grey. And it lacks the rear U brake.

Any one got any 89/90 marin catalogues?

I reckon it's a Palisades Trail mate from 1990..they came with a U brake in 15" size if I remember correctly...

Rich":3t8mliho said:
I reckon it's a Palisades Trail mate from 1990..they came with a U brake in 15" size if I remember correctly...

Thats the model i was thinking. Has to be 90ish with the U but not down by the chain stay. So a little later. Late 90 maybe. Can't remember when they moved them from the chain stay??

Thats nice, will scrub up well. Odd to see Middleburns with plastic pedals!

As pete_mcc correctly said, front hub is a Kent Pineapple job, and I'm loving it with the snowflake; what a spare! :cool:

very nice indeedy, I'd be going with bear valley as the decals on early ones were white plus it has the earlier dropouts, the early zolatone paint was also a light grey compared to later years.

Back