Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:01 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am 
Old School Grand Master

Ok, so took the plunge with the DXR hub as the dimensions and set-up suit along with the polished finish. Not entirely happy with the cost but there aren't that many options as DM kindly pointed out :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 pm 

Hi guys I've finally found some other nutters with a'ha's..mines been finished for a while now,although a good polish is required. I really went for it with my wheels. 48 spoke peregrine bmx hubs with sun rhino lite tandem rims, they're 4crossed with red/blue nipples. The saddle came from a cannondale. Hebrews some pictures..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:21 pm 

My files are too big to post pictures....how do I make them less than 512k?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:00 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Host them via the numerous free firms on line. I use imageshack.us

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:02 pm 

I see I'll look into it. I've put one shot up on the retro bike fb page..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:00 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner

pilaurice wrote:
I see I'll look into it. I've put one shot up on the retro bike fb page..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:06 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Lovely stuff - thanks to you both! Nice bike 8)

The DXR hub has arrived so that'll get laced on Thursday / Friday. The patriot headset and controls have been fitted - it looks the part. Just need some red spacers to replace the black ones.

Still not sure on pedals but I'll make a call once she's a proper rolling chassis which, fingers crossed, should be this weekend...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:12 pm 

Here she is..saddles off a cannondale, gold middleburn c/ring and gold chain (bling). DX v-brakes so it stops..and some silly big bars to hold on to or if your brave passenger seating. Loving that Chris king headset above. Have you thought about white pedals? A good look as and not too popular..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:30 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Nice one - yep the patriot headset is proper cool. White could be a good call, I have white cables and grips so it would off-set the blue and red on the cranks and chain-ring.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:12 pm 

I've got an A'ha as well that I just love. I use mine to tool around town, but mostly out on the local singletrack around the lake. I have Fat Franks on it and find that the grip is fine, particularly given that stickers/goatheads can't get through despite their best attempts. Aside from the tires, I'm completely stock. The Scratch 'N' Sniff set didn't last too long...too soft. The paint job is a love/hate thing. Personally, I hate it...yet every single time I talk about stripping it and having it coated, I get so much heat from people! They act like I'm burning the flag or something. To me it's just a gaudy mess, but whatever...I just like to ride the hell out of it. Someday I know I'll finally strip it down and send it off for a quality coat and then put some Kona decals back on as well as a few of my own (graphic designer by day).

I'll most a pic soon, I still have yet to get set up again with an image host after Mac killed me.com. I'm playing with the idea of converting the A'ha to a 650B. In regards to the gear ratio, it's not terribly steep on the singletrack so I've left it stock and have no problems. I usually only have to hop off and walk it up a few spots on the trail. I think I prefer having the speed than the torque...which it still has a decent amount of. Oh, and yes, mine's a '97 as well. And one last thing, I'm going to toss some Kona wahwah's on. These stock pedals hit and grab everything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next