1993 Rocky Mountain Fusion

beepbeep

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi!

Bought this recently from Raidan73 (thanks again! :D ) to replace a Stumpjumper, which replaced a Rocky Mountain Blizzard (sold to Claret73).
More on that here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126602

It'll mainly be used as a commuter, but I'm also interested in taking it for a little off-road action, to see what I've been missing all these years on full suspension bikes. I built it up quickly with mid-level parts that suit it's place in the Rocky line-up. Really liking it's simple, 'blue-collar' look and feel, takes me way back to my first proper mtb, a '93 Marin Palisades Trail :D

Let's see what happens, I've got some Amp forks and Magura brakes stashed alway in the man cave, which could be a future upgrade/experiment....

Here's some pics of the current build. Before I saw the 'mercury' paint in the flesh, I thought it would just be a silver, but in real life it's much deeper and really sublime! :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• FUSION3.jpg
    FUSION3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 689
  • FUSION1.jpg
    FUSION1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 688
  • FUSION2.jpg
    FUSION2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 688
Looks great Neil. You're right about the paintwork - can't really appreciate it in a photo. Jealous of your snow too :D

Summer update! :cool:

I'm really happy with the Fusion, it fits the bill perfectly as an all-purpose bike. A decent frame with components that work, but at the same time nothing I'm concerned about leaving locked up in town, or out in the rain. And it's a Rocky Mountain of course! ;)

It's had a few 'upgrades' to cope with playground-runs:
1. Hamax Sleepy seat
2. Garish bottlecage (mancave find) and a Tinkerbell Fairies bottle
3. Bell
4. Cheap mudguards

My daughter loves going out on it, sometimes I hear her humming contentedly behind me as she watches the world go by. What a great way to introduce her to cycling, and on a retro ride at that :)

Attachments

• Fusion_seat.jpg
    Fusion_seat.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 484
Back