n°6 of 60 : my Specialized S-Works Epic Ultimate

Brad

BoTM Winner
It's about 3 years now that I'm on RB but never really had the time to post my bikes!

I'm going to repair this now, starting with a bike that has been voted as the BOTM on November 2010... For my first election :D :D :D

As you could notice on the Topic Subject, I'm talking about a Specialized S-Works Epic Ultimate... There are already few of them here, but this one is a numeroted : the number Six

Was it a dedication to the TV series from the 60's and played by Patrick McGoohan. Was a great serie and what a coincidence in the numbers here!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

img1898s.jpg

Anyway... Previously the frameset was owned by someone on the french forum (Melivelo). He sold it in 2007 and I bought it... Just because it's an historic model... I usually don't do any advertising to Spech because of the troubles I had when I was working for them... :evil: :evil:

Here is the story and the build tread...

Then as soon as I get the frame... come the same story... How should I build it!!!
I decided to follow the specs from the presentation on the "25th Anniversary" booklet from the Stumpy bikes... But at least this sheet gave me the line to follow!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

The start... Of course, such a frame will need a Future Shock fork! I also get a Spech Ti stem, a Titec Ti bar and a American Classic Ti post... It was just a start :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
My friend, from who I get the frame, called me to tell me that he wanted to sell a wheelset in mint condition... Shimano M900 hubs laced on Specialized XL21 rims... I think they can fit this frameset without any problems!!!

Let's continue...
Avid Tri Align brakes and a full XTR M900 drivetrain...

As you can see on the previous pic, I decided to swap the seatpost from the Ti American Classic to a aluminium Zoom post... Why? This post is light, as a titanium finish and was used by Ned Overend as Zoom was one the main sponsors!
One of the hardest part to find was a Specialized Prolog saddle with Ti rails... But I could finally find one few days before the BOTM presentation :roll: :roll: :roll:

One of the last thing missing to complete the bike, was a set of Umma Gumma tires... Expensive and hard to find in NOS condition... But found them in the US for a biiiiiiig price finally :? :? :?

Here are the first pics done...

And the last ones, 2 days after on a sunny day...

I hope you like it...

As a massive Specialized fan I have just made a mess in my pants.........would sell a lung for one of these, hopefully one day. Top job, looks lovely :cool:

Love the subtle styling of this... Rare to see such a classy minimal-branding machine on here :cool:

There are quite a few in here myself included who are a fan of the understated carbon and ali bikes such as these. Nice job sir.

sylus":3a8l6eo1 said:
There are quite a few in here myself included who are a fan of the understated carbon and ali bikes such as these. Nice job sir.

These frames have carbon tubes and titanium lugs. :cool:

Back