GT LTS-1 Boomerang: help / sugestions wanted...

Spooky817

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys,

am slowely rebuilding a LTS-1 Boomerang... will collect all the components first before restoration and polishing etc begins... Want it to be as original as possible, as it was raced ...

To start off with....

1) Frame is raw / or polished, so any silver parts will work fine abviously.

2) Feature is XTR M950 group... have a set of hope brakes but have decide to stick with XTR V's for this one...

Questions:

1) HUBS? I have a matching front NOS XTR hub... do I wait until I have the matching rear hub? Or how would following combo look: non-disc White industries polished F hub (no other White Industries parts on bike) paired with silver Hadley GT labelled rear hub and say KORE silver skewers? ALso have matching XTR skewers...

2) STEM? Which stem to use: polished ANSWER stem (no other answer components on bike so far, ditched the Manitou forks for the RS DH), yellow KORE or black KORE (to match the headset and a lonely rear skewer) or red coated Syncros stem (would match the forks but clash with post and bars and no other Syncros)...

???

SV103102_zps60716f66.jpg
[/img]

You could run an Azonic Shorty stem? Otherwise I think a silver Kore one would suit if you want something 75mm+ in length.

I would run either both M950 hubs, or the Hadley/White Industries combo.

Look forward to seeing this built!

I've got a Hadley GT rear and WI Tracker front "hubset" on my Xizang and while the finishes don't match perfectly they look and work great. I was waiting for a GT front to come up for sale for months and when I finally caved and built the wheels 2 sets of GT hubs popped up as if on cue. That said I love my mismatched set and as long as the WI polished finish isn't going to bother you too much go that direction... Or you could try and liberate the red GT Hadley set I've had tucked away for a rainy day red anno build.

@stauqmuk good to see that combo on another bike! Both my hubs are currently laced up, so I have to make sure its the right choice, before I go ahead and take both wheels apart... below... but I will keep looking at yours for a while... ;-)

SV103110_zps3f78215a.jpg

I also tried thwe Judy Sl lowers on the LTS upon suggestion, which would ork great with suggesated GT Hadley red hubs colour wise, but the SL's are just ouyt of place on a single ring DH bike! grrrr ;-) What you think??? go or no go... ?

SV103104_zps27d49c31.jpg

No go on the SL's!! They scream XC! Go with the DH's and get some new decals for them. I always liked Hope hubs on the LTS and defo a little black Kore stem....... but thats just my opinion!! Lovely looking frame though.....and those cranks look in good nick :)

@Chrisbrown

Cheers for your input! I agree, the SL's are no go as too XC... I have a black Kore stem, so will put that on there to try...

The bike originally had Hope Sport brakes and red Big 'un hubs, but they are on another bike now...

Also, would a red Chris King headset look out of place? At the moment, the Ringle parts are post and headset, and I didn't really want two ringle components of different colour...

Cheers for any input ;-)

hello

this lts is an early dh model from 95 or 96 with ti linkage and not a lts-1.
it was only available as a factory kit with red judy dh and the matching color kore stem with dia-compe ahead set, answer aluminite dh bar, syncros seatpost, a very beautifull forged gt crank (probably made by profile) nico vouilloz rode it with m900xtr and judy fsx.

my 96 was equiped with m739 deore xt...I never had to sold it :cry: :cry:

@kidkideparis thanks for the info and foto! my frame looks identical also with te ti linkage, just seems a frame size bigger and is labelled as a LTS-1... interesting.

LTS-1 never had the bendy seat tube. I suspect its been re-stickered at some stage as its definitely a LTS-DH.

Did your frame come from Australia by any chance?

Back