91 Pine mountain - Zolatone

jimbog

Senior Retro Guru
Spotted this on Gumtree recently and picked it up last weekend. As far as I can see every nut and bolt on it is 100% original spec including tyres and saddle. One of the DX shifters had been replaced with some new style tat but I had a spare identical DX module which I have subsequently fitted.
Only downside is a ding in the top tube and a few marks on the frame.

My initial thoughts were to strip it down and refurb the frame but seeing as Zolatone is so hard to replicate I thought sod it. I really like the idea of keeping the bike original so I am not doing anything with it other than adding some decals from Gil. I also like the fact that it has a few marks as it is 22 years old!

Took it out for a good spin today accompanied by little markie on his newly built 90 Eldridge. Love the ride of these old rigid bikes and she didnt miss a beat.

002-7_zps1e129d9f.jpg

003-7_zpse36127a8.jpg

007-2_zpsa943971e.jpg

008-2_zpsc435af8e.jpg

018-3_zpscef9c854.jpg

015-3_zps24aa57c2.jpg

Planning to detail a few areas I.e the hubs/cantis but I want to have it as a useable bike so not going to go mad. Will update post with any changes made. Looking forward to getting decals on.

Added the new decals from Gil last night -

004-6_zps799ea74d.jpg

009-2_zpsae3a6fd0.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii37/jimbog_album/009-2_zpsae3a6fd0.jpg[/IMG
[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii37/jimbog_album/008-2_zps52e67a85.jpg
004-6_zps1b8075ff.jpg

001-9_zps8aba094f.jpg

nice. the decals have made a big difference!

Are those DX shifting ok? they often get lazy and mis-fire. nice to see zolatone in good shape though.

great, now i want one, thanks...i think ;) :LOL:

Loving this very nice with the new decals really spruce it up...just need to sort the forks and will look even better...Loving your work!

Wook

Agree with the direction a decent service/set up and new decals makes that a lovely thing..enjoy

Congratulations.... beautiful bike :cool:

'90 and '91 Zoletone Marin's are right up there for being my favourite retro-rides. Check out my 1990 Elridge in my sig ;)

Enjoy riding it... they're a great ride.

Latest posts

Back