GT RTS build up

Jan-Cor

Devout Dirtbag
Hi guys,

I am starting biking again and have a GT RTS, I believe one of the first editions. Not with the RockShox front suspension but the black/yellow Manitou. Also I have purple Pulstar front hub.

My question: what would be the best set-up for the Pulstar hub ?
What 26" Rims should I use? (I've got the Magura hydraulic rim brake set).

Hi Jan,

on my build i used 32hole mavic 231 rims they were what gt specced in 1993.
idont know how good they would be with the magura's but i would guess they will be fine.

Here is a link to mine it also shows the rear brake set up (if you decided to change to canti's again)

all the best with this one and if you need any help/advice there is a lot of people here to help!
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

all the best Dave.

Very nice build up Dave, great work!

First I am going to ride my own rts-1.
To be honest, I have never felt really good about this bike.
I just bought it to be better than my custom made Iron Horse but that was really a bad choice and i wish I have never sold my Iron Horse.

But anyway, I am going to ride the bike again after almost 20 years for not biking :oops: and give it a second chance.

(it really need a new build up, it has some rust at the rear chromoly end)

the photo was when i finished it,since then i have been riding it(not as often as i would like though.)

when i got the frame it didnt have a rear shock,so i thought i may as well strip it totally and got the chrome rearend repainted.
polished it and managed to get new decals for it,But if i were you i would not remove any of the black/fluro yellow ones because you may never get any replacement ones!! :shock:

am just waiting for a black tioga disk drive to arrive for it now.

Does anyone know the exact color of the yellow fluo decals ?

I have some parts left and I'm thinking about to (powder) coat in this fluo yellow GT color.

Back