Anybody tell me anything about Voodoo D'Jab titanium?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
It seems my Muddy Fox isn't a muddy fox but a Voodoo D'Jab (see thread here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 7&start=15).

So can anybody give me some history of the Voodoo D'Jab. From a bit of research it looks like it may be a 1997.

Here is my bike with a picture of a D'Jab for comparison. I can't see any difference. Even has the same dropouts, the same externally butted headtube, cable guides in the right places etc.

titanpro004mediumyy9.jpg

djab5zq5.jpg

I'm not sure if it's much help, but FWIW(=0?), I have a 1998 Voodoo catalogue and the D-Jab in there is not particularly similar to the bike with Voodoo decals here. It has got visible external head tube butts, but different from these (smaller). It has completely different dropouts, much smaller than these and fitting into the stays (called 'Mighty Joe's' dropouts). It has different cable routing for the rm with a little loop on the rhs of the seat tube/top tube junction for the cable to run through, no outer. It has a D-Jab sticker on the top tube, a metal head tube badge and a Voodoo star sign on the seat tube. It has a neat but completely different seat binder. So they must have made lots of changes between model years, much more than I would have expected.

The biggest size was 20.5, tt = 24.25, and a frame cost £1,199.

Just thought you might be interested.

no that's great info. Wonder how I could get hold of other year's catalogues? I only say 1997 as there appear to be quite a lot of reviews of the D'Jab on MTBR in 1997.

Does your Voodoo have snake stays up to seat tube ( bent ) ? The head tube looks very long. If you could get head tube lengths for the size out of a voodoo cato that might help confirm. But with a few companies, their ti flag ship was some times just an off the peg ti built by say Sandvic and used by a few bike companies just with diff decals on.

yes has snake stays. Head tube is 180mm ( :shock: ). If I could get hold of some catalogues that would be great... but none around :(

Back