'97 Specialized stumpjumper m2

poweredbypies

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Got this local the other day :) wrong forks and a couple of small issues but on the whole its all good.

Attachments

• IMG_000000971.jpg
    IMG_000000971.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 1,430
Noice.

Ahhhhh, I've fond memories of Specialized's '97 collection, I know it's not the most vintage of years but I view it rather sentimentally. I had one of my first decent bikes from this year; a lowly but lovingly enjoyed HardRock FS - Always wanted the Stumpy though, hell, I still do! ;)

Nice find, Whatcha got planned?

poweredbypies":yrjk4gnz said:
Still not 100% sure yet, taking the bombers out they are a bit long for it. Rides real nice tho.

Agreed. It would make a lovely neo-retro singletrack slayer :twisted:.

Amazing frames these, and this is by far the best colour. :cool:
Though I might be biased. :LOL:

Looks in pretty decent order. Original saddle, seatpost, brakes, rear mech, cranks, front wheel. Look forward to seeing what you do with it. ;)

Brakes are mismatched one levers bent and the lhs shifters been changed at somepoint, but otherwise all is as it should be. Have taken the bombers out and put some 99 judys in. Prolly a step down in performance closer to the date of the bike, plus the blue aint a million miles away.

Original plan was to strip it down and flog it off. I knew i shouldnt have ridden it home. :LOL: Oh well its another bike to keep now :)

Late 90s stuff gets no love around here but I'm hoping to prove that, with the right parts, stuff from 1997/1998 is the sweet spot between retro looks and modern performance ;)

BTW this would have been £1,100 new :shock:

lrh":dchwolco said:
Late 90s stuff gets no love around here but I'm hoping to prove that, with the right parts, stuff from 1997/1998 is the sweet spot between retro looks and modern performance ;)

BTW this would have been £1,100 new :shock:

£1099.99 actually. :LOL:

IMGP0075-1.jpg

Totally agree about late nineties stuff btw. Great bikes around at that time.

Back