Titalain's bikes & presentation

titalain

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I finaly decide myself to joint your wonderful forum and I hope it's the right place here for a little presentation.
I'm french, living in the south of France, near a great mtb spot called "Lac du Salagou".
I'm 43 years old, and I started mtb in 1985 with a GITANE bike.
The next one, in 1987, was a BERTIN with the complete XT I group (6 speed & biopace crankset).
Then follow a SCRAMBLER in 91, a SPE STUMPJUMPER Comp in 92, and two EMERYs in 94 and 95.
I stopped biking serriously during 10 years (thanks to to my last wonderfull job) and decide to go back only two years ago on the singletrack before I get to old for that. :LOL:

I'm in love with those retro mtb full rigid bike and all my bikes are still in use every weeks.

I will try to put some pictures of my bikes here, starting with the 1987 BERTIN.
This bike was completly white painted before I had to restore the frame and change the color. The only picture I have is a recent one with the bike in Work Bike configuration. The transmission is a mix of XT I and XT II group with an LX crankset and a pair of MAVIC Paris-Gao-Dakar Wheelset.
Sadly, this bike does not exist anymore as I broke the frame last year...

Then, come the titanium 1991 LITESPEED I bought recently for peanuts (250 Euros) like this:

And it become now my singlespeed MTB:

Voilà... for now.
Picture of the SPUMPJUMPER Comp & the titanium Primo EMERY will follow.

Welcome Titalain

I know Lac Du Salagou!

Rode round it a couple of years back while staying in the area. That's my favourite part of France. Always eat Galettes in the Gallette restauarant in Pezenas.

:D

Nice collection/ history.

Enjoy the site. Well worth looking back through this sectiona t all the lovely bikes.

Thanks for your welcome, "Wu-Tangled".

It's true that Salagou, once you have tasted it, you love it! :cool:
(and it' s also true for the galette! :mrgreen: )

johnnyw":ugtamrgv said:
Welcome.
Love the Litespeed.
Thanks "johnnyw"!
I love it too. The frame is so light, smooth and responsive that you can't stop the ride when you drive it!
The real "titanium effect"! :cool:

Bienvenu á Retrobike.

J´aime aussie le Litespeed, c´est un velo trés trés jolie, avec ces pneus Magic jaune...

Welcome.

Back