Hot for Wife! (1992 Kona Hot) Mock up on page 2

Midorimage

Old School Hero
Bought a small 1992 Kona Hot for the wife this week.

main.php

Plan to let her use it and hopefully someday one of my daughters will ride it.

From the pictures... the new powder coat doesn't look so hot. Hopefully it will look nicer in the flesh. I am going to go with this Project Two

http://www.bikeman.com/KON-P2MTNONEINCH.html

Manufacturer: Kona
Model: Kona P2 1-Inch
Size: 26inch
Type: Canti
Color:painted Black
Axle-Crown: 410 mm
Steerer Tube Diameter: 1 inch
Crown Race Diameter: 27.0mm
Steerer Tube Length: 300mm
Rake: 38mm
Weight: 980 grams

Will these work fine for 1992 Frame? My wife will be riding mostly roads casual trails. Nothing hard core.

I eventually will try to make the components period correct when ever possible. But now will use what I have in the spare parts box.

I don't think the forks will, the frame would be 1-1/8" and the forks are 1"
Also the forks are technically too long for the design of a 1992 frame. Assuming HOT kept the same geometry as the others in the range.

1992's are TET built iirc ?

The seller said it was one inch frame...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1196162429

I hope there are no surprises.I

How long is too long? How long were the original forks? Plan to use a short stem

It looks like there is a TET stamp on the BB..

main.php

--Michael

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was interested in that but due to ebay's recent changes I was unable to even ask the seller any questions :(

eBay seems to have made a few changes and now you can't ask questions if you're in a country the seller doesn't ship to.

Looking forward to an update when it arrives.

Need to get myself a Teesdale Hot.....

The color looks close to my Kona 1998 Kilauea

main.php

For the Hot... I would like to do the parts in silver... but the only short one inch stem that I have is a black Control Tech..

Nice score! It will definitely not have a 1 inch headtube though, both my old (early) '91 and current '95 Hot have 1 1/8"...

It would be good to see some more closeups of the frame as well, at a glance it looks newer than '92?

The size is small.. 13" center to center... do you think it is possible that smalls came with a one inch fork?

Hmm... I was planning on buying a P2 ASAP... maybe I should wait till I get it measured. If it is 1 1/8 I will have a lot more options for fork and stems...

Latest posts

Back