Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:55 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:58 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 3199
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Just realised that the bloody predictive text on this iPad has changed my previous reference to elastomers to
Something strange ..... WTF is elastomeric :oops:


Previous post corrected with a subtle edit


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:12 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1285
Location: in the harbor
jimo746 wrote:
Maybe he means the pedals? clear elastomers don't stay clear for very long on the pedals :wink:

sorry I had a box of wine last night and thought about tires :mrgreen:

I ride the onzas with clear elastomers long and several thousand km, they are been very reliable.
However I would never go with them for this season, by cooling the elastomers being hardened and could trigger unusual.
I like them special because the lock is very comfortable by Easy-Clicks system.

But what is the alternative? Shimanos are too heavy for me ...maybe the Egg Beater from Crank Bros :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:14 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1285
Location: in the harbor
Retro Spud wrote:
hollister wrote:
Clear elastomers on those onzas are a poor choice for a rider ime

..
When you ride it Nader you'll soon know what Hollister is on about, trust me

I know the pedals very well :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:16 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1285
Location: in the harbor
sinnerman wrote:
..
I shall grab my pipe and slippers and PLEASE wake me up when it happens..

very amusing :lol: :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:52 am 
BoTM Winner / PoTM Winner
BoTM Winner / PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:44 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: norcal
Nader wrote:
jimo746 wrote:
Maybe he means the pedals? clear elastomers don't stay clear for very long on the pedals :wink:

sorry I had a box of wine last night and thought about tires :mrgreen:

I ride the onzas with clear elastomers long and several thousand km, they are been very reliable.
However I would never go with them for this season, by cooling the elastomers being hardened and could trigger unusual.
I like them special because the lock is very comfortable by Easy-Clicks system.

But what is the alternative? Shimanos are too heavy for me ...maybe the Egg Beater from Crank Bros :?

I spent years on those pedals, I'd still be using all 4 sets of mine if I had cleats(I hoarded rebuild kits, but foolishly not the cleats) Even with blue/black elastomers nothing feels the same

If you prefer the clears(hard to believe), nothing else will come close to the jello like feel and ability to clip out simply by pulling up, except for maybe platforms. But those might grip your shoes too well


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1285
Location: in the harbor
hollister wrote:
...
If you prefer the clears(hard to believe), nothing else will come close to the jello like feel and ability to clip out simply by pulling up, except for maybe platforms. But those might grip your shoes too well

Thanks for your suggestions :D

..by the way I ride the onzas with corratec cleats ...works perfect.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:13 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1285
Location: in the harbor
it's finally done :D

(the grips are just a temporary solution)

Image

Image

Image

Image

THIS is my dream bike :D

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:20 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 3199
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
very Nice, you must be chuffed

btw I notice you build with mostly black components on all your builds
and this one's no different, is it a force of habit ?
Don't get me wrong it looks good !

Regards

Nick


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:23 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:46 pm
Posts: 304
That's stunning, one of my favourite builds. Congratulations. 8)


Matt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:41 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1285
Location: in the harbor
Retro Spud wrote:
very Nice, you must be chuffed

btw I notice you build with mostly black components on all your builds
and this one's no different, is it a force of habit ?
Don't get me wrong it looks good !

Regards

Nick

Black and silver just fit to each bike and are timeless (but I know I miss a bike with colored parts)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adrian, Bing [Bot], Elev12k and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group