Restoration of '93 YO Eddy Aqua Fade

Nader

Senior Retro Guru
Perhaps many have done the same thing several times here in RB UK but mine could be more interesting ;) ...here we go

That is, the patient :?

yoaqfa01.jpg

...and the details

yoaqfa04.jpg

My original concept was to renew this frame with a paint job like by serotta (I really love it :p)

DSC03535.jpg

(source of pic: Defiant)

But I think every manufacturer has their own color scheme, whereby the frame is characterized.
So I'll stick to that fact and give this frame (and fork) a new look in aqua fade.

I must do it, because the frame has some rust spots under paint.

Cheers

firedfromthecircus":24ugkwe0 said:
Look forward to seeing this.

I thought you might have been tempted by the harlequin job. :D
well, I would like to see the color fade from both sides :D

Nader

Your builds are always Top Quality :cool: ...and entertaining :LOL: so looking forward to a 12+ page thread. :shock:

Looks like you've saved this frame before Rust really takes hold.

Big Fan of Aqua Fade but surprised you have stuck with this as you do seem to tread "the path less worn" and no one can accuse you of ever following the masses.

If you added a splash of Yellow to that Serotta you'd have your national Flag :D

Retro Spud":3g39oyay said:

you have stuck with this as you do seem to tread "the path less worn" and no one can accuse you of ever following the masses.
Well recognized Nick :D
You know me, I'm an individualist. I really had planned to turn them into something special but when I saw this aqua fade paint job (even though it has such a bad condition),
I have changed my plans.

yoaqfa03.jpg

But I also know there are few who can make such paint job like original (that's why i am not yet decided :?)

Currently I am looking for a suitable stem, because it is to be painted with.

Retro Spud":3g39oyay said:
..you'd have your national Flag :D
which one? I have several of them :LOL:

Hi.

Very nice project :D

I think that Fat' have their own style and it is important to don't lose it.

Do You have an original fork?

pozdrawiam
xMekpx

Back