1995 Coyote Ultralite -> updated (page 4)

Konsta

Retro Guru
We have a lot of snow now. A winter ride is very needed.

This arrived today. Thanks LGF. It's beatifully wrapped.
2yjvx5c.jpg

Look at this! According to missus the colour is Silk Pajama Blue.
34q0aq9.jpg

superb frames. i remember lusting over them in the mbuk mags of the late 1990's.

the burgandy and yellow ocre coloured one is high on my wish list. I can't remember what model it was, maybe the HT2?

If anyone knows what he's doing it's legrandefromage, but I must say you seem to have a superb bargain there. Excellent frame, low, low price.

Thanks. This sure is a nice frame, and in very good condition!

The plan is to make a nice lightweight bike with mixed combination of silver parts. Road cranks, Dura-Ace stuff, XT737, Flite, short stem, riser bars. Maybe a singlespeed. We'll see.

But it will be a winter ride, with winter tyres. Not for me though. For her!
1okrbl.jpg

Thats a lovely frame and the plan you have for it sounds really interesting. That finish on the frame will suit some nice shiny road kit...

Have you considered using 700c wheels? You could put a canti on the back which would adjust for a 700c wheel, such as Onza HO or similar design, then have road forks on the front.

That actually has been considered. Unfortunately lack of funds will prevent such plans as I don't have a suitable road wheelset ready just now. Using a canti brake is a good idea, I was thinking of those Mavic 700c V-brake adaptors. But they're terribly expensive.

I have read just about everything I could find on the Coyote frames on the internet. Can't say I've gotten any wiser.
Who or what company made these frames? And where?
Oh, and could someone please help me identify the model year too?

What is the serial number? That could tell you when it was built, and at what factory.

Coyote was a bike brand commissioning frames from Taiwan to its own designs, just like many other brands. I don't know who owned it though. I think they always used high-end Easton tubesets and they have always been highly regarded.

Taiwan? Oh well.

Serial number is F95011161.
There is a Easton Elite sticker on the seat tube near the BB.
Right dropout is stamped "ALFTON".

Back