Right, I'm perilously hungover, so this may not work, but here goes:
I've been a bit of a pace fancier for a number for years now, but have never been quite happy with any of my completed builds. I have also decided that banks are rubbish, so instead will invest all my money in overpriced luxury 90s cnc'd bling and titanium. The only potential problem is that I'm not very good at selling nice stuff, so the investment will probably remain as collateral til the day I die (hopefully not too soon, as I'm probably one of the younger RB members).
Anyway, earlier this year I managed to get my grubby hands on what I believe to be quite a rare RC200f5 (queue someone telling me otherwise). I haven't seen another anodised green RC200 other than this archive photo (see below), anyone recognise it?
Here is a link to the original sale thread:
So the build strategy is this:
I wan't to offset the subtle green against gunmetal greys, brushed ti, with a smattering of black and (dull) silver.
Looking to keep everything from the 90s, but may not be too strict on exact dates:
- set of silver or silver / black hope ti-glide / lightweight
- ringle gunmetal
- machinetech gunmetal
- rims - not sure yet, any suggestions?
- Got a few pairs of RC30s which I love and in general marry up very nicely, however in an ideal world I'd like to try and change the finish to a brushed gun-metal. Anyone have any experience of doing this?
- Got some XT thumbies, could do with a set in better condition though
- Got some machinetech zeroflex Vs (still looking for matching levers) - not 100% sure about these though as may look a bit odd against the straight lines of the rc200, thoughts?
- Any alternatives?
- Got a lovely precision billet M.T.S in black / silver that I think will look the part
- Looking for a matching front mech, but these are very hard to find these days... anyone (longshot)?
- got some X-lite ti bars
- got some bontrager ti bars
not sure which one though, thoughts?
- got a 1"chorus in silver (don't really like it)
- looking fro a black Chris king 1" ideally or open to suggestions?
- I've got a stunning and unidentified ti stem, however annoyingly it is 1 1/8" so have to use a shim. Any suggestions ideas? I thnk it goes really well with the frame.
- Should really get a 1" ahead, but I love the existing stem.
- looking for an x-lite kevlar (black)
- not sure about this one, quite limited on choice as need a 29.4mm
- looking for ideally an X-lite 400mm
- possibly a ringle moby (but these are pricey)
- so hard to find decent retro seatposts in 29.4 that are long enough. Anyone?
- I love middleburn as a company, however I don't think the polished silver of the RS2's really works with the gunmetal finishes. Any suggestions?
- would love a morati ti for this build, but i'm not a millionaire!
I'd really appreciate any feedback or suggestions, I'm not going to rush this one.
Cheers everyone, and I hope i have managed to make a degree of sense.
PACE FLEET: RC200 F8 - RED '99 (MODERN 9.1kg), RC200 F8 - RED '98 R.I.P., RC200 F5 - SILVER '95, RC200 F5 - BRG '95, RC200 F2 SILVER '93,
OTHER: LEMOND TETE DE COURSE '05, KONA / ORANGE' - UNIDENTIFIED, MERCIAN 80s ROAD, BSA WW2 PARATROOPER FOLDING