fisher montare resto and build on the cheap

Chute55uk

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
hey all, my unicorn is a 87 fisher pro caliber as that's what I rode when I raced for fisher.
I cant afford one of those so im building a tribute bike to use as my daily commuter. im into stretch cruisers and have a build that's taking all of my spare money so this build is going to be on the cheap.
I started with a frame and forks its a 1990 montare frame with unknown forks kindly karma'd to me by a member also with a stem and headset as they are inch and 1/4.
the frame came in etch primer and grey primer so I have rubbed it down and given it a white primer and then the old team colours, all Halfords rattlecan but the result is quite a bit better than id hoped and will be even better when I cut it and clearcoat it.
Ive got a set of ritchey rims on lx hubs, a nos pair of xt thumbies with the hidden 8th, a nos xt 7 speed cassette, xt front and rear mech,s deore v brakes (for function not form im afraid) and I have managed to source a nos bb axle (some will know these are rarer than rocking horse hens teeth poop). I will post pics up as I build it. its no garage queen and im not going to try and pretend its a pro cal but its just my tribute to it.

Attachments

• fisher 1.jpg
    fisher 1.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 537
  • fisher 3.jpg
    fisher 3.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 537
  • fisher 2.jpg
    fisher 2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 537
Yep I left them on the radiator for 15 mins and just got busy with the spray there's a fair amount of overspray but nothing that won't cut back

wow, looks really slick and the fact that you did this with what people paint walls with is really something extra special!
Lovely!

ibbz":347xkhn2 said:
wow, looks really slick and the fact that you did this with what people paint walls with is really something extra special!
Lovely!

+1. An excellent job there, Chute55uk. I admire you skills. I do love an early-ish Fisher, I'm digging the 'budget' build option you've got going on, it's nice to see a classic utilised as an everyday/commuter ride. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Looking good mate, i have the same one but in Black. Will look nice in the ProCal.

Im glad you got the BB too, that wouldnt have been easy to find i suspect.

Geat mud clearance, with the Evolution model, and i have never needed to even touch my B/B or headset, it will take a beasting.

Looking forward to seeing the outcome. The original fit 1 1/4 headset would have been a Yst Rambo, the same as used on some Yetis.

Back