SCOTT Team CST

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
... in Tange Ultralight. I know nothing about SCOTT - so Marcin and Co. tell me what I need to know!

Was very tempted to go for that myself but didn't want the stress of finding (and spending as much again) on forks!

Not in the brochures but decals point to 1992. One has appeared before which looks original: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122458

5117317092_918c569931_b.jpg

The forks come up for sale reasonably often, and most of the time in NOS condition. However, they were beyond crap even when they were first brought out.....but if the bike demands it!

Nice bike !
The scott suspension fork shown in the picture was created by Clark Kent if I remember. The top was with carbon fiber legs with elastomer, the cheaper used springs. But they were quite lightweight.
Before them, Scott used air/oil fork with quite the same design of the really first Marzocchi
:D

Truth what IRH wrote - 92, not included in catalogue, with special suspension ready geometry (Scott used CST signatures to show sus ready to 95 as I remember)

About forks - not exactly Pierre
The first unishocks was showed in 1991, before oil/air model showed in 92
This one from IRH's photos is '92 (changed booster comparing to 91, but the same internals: coil springs) I've one of those NOS, showed here:
http://retromtb.pl/galerie/sprzet/unishock.htm
In '93 scott shows three version of Unishocks:
- S - same as '92 but painted in grey
- VR - with elastomers inside (it was possible to buy also elastomer kit and use them in coil springs versions - S and olders)
- LF - elastomer inside and carbon lower legs
'94 is last year with Unishicks in catalogue as I remember Only one available version is VR

What You need to know except all of that in this thread?
Build it and ride it! :D

Okay, so my frame is suspension-ready - what length though?

And, what year is my frame - as I couldn't see a purple one in your catalogues.

sus ready means in that case for lenght of the forks 41cm AC (Unishocks, Mags, Mani I-IV, Zocchis xc but they're a bit longer 41,5-42cm)

exact year- could You post some pics? this model wasn't published in catalogues, only one I saw looks like this one posted above

This is it.

Intrigued to the thinking behind Tange Ultralight being 'one down' from Ritchey Logic as far as SCOTT top end bikes were perceived. Was Logic a lighter or just more expensive a tubeset that Ultralight? Most other Ultralight frames I have/am aware of are placed higher by their respective brands than Logic.

Attachments

• SCOTT Team CST.png
    SCOTT Team CST.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 2,306

Latest posts

Back