''92? Kona Cinder Cone re-lick

el_b

Dirt Disciple
So been lurking for sometime and figured should probably start a thread on my cindercone to add into the mix. Not sure if its '92 (perhaps someone can confirm?). Anyway have owned this since new - it was originally my brothers and i bought it off him in about '96 and upgraded a few parts but barely rode it and its been hung up in the garage ever since. it did have 90% of the orignal suntour running gear on it, even the orignal joe murray tyres, but this was all removed this summer and ditched by my local bike shop when i gave them a bag of bits much to my despair! Anyway here it is in its original state in my boot prior to going to Argos with replacement forks I bought new in about '97. The idea was to build a decent bike for £500 . Spec and finished photos to follow...[/img]

Attachments

• bike 3.jpg
    bike 3.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 904
back from Argos...bit of a blurry pic, but no denying the quality of their work is second to none. Custom commissioned graphicshack decals also very pleased with:

Attachments

• bike 4.jpg
    bike 4.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 897
Lovely frame. Look forward to seeing the finished build. Shame you didn't use the original style of decals though as that would be my preference.

yeah i guess for the purist 92 decals should be on there, but they look like they've been made on MS paint or worse imo! so made the choice to get a later decal set...will hopefully upload finished photos this weekend if i take some photos

Summer :LOL: It's nearly December.
I think it looks a good job and look forward to seeing it built up.

Yeah pics were taken in the summer when i had it done - bike is built up and has been for a while - just need to get the pics up ;)

oh yeah and it is bianchi celeste on the frame and a graphite fleck on the fork

Cool and welcome.

Agree i love that era of decal on the 94-97 konas. I'm all for doing how you want em, as long as your trying to make out its a hannah with explosif stickers. Why not..I'm actually looking to stick older ones on my KK right now.

Also likee you have kept the different colour fork.

Back