Stumpjumper 94 in all its splendour

metabaron

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

just want to share some of the pix of the finally finished Stumpjumper project. Some of you have helped out with parts and advice. Thanks for that, this is a great forum.

It's not built to original specs all the way, partly because I didn't have everything and was sick of looking for missing pieces, partly because I don't value the slick catalogue builds as a goal in itself.

If you want more, this is the build-thread from the German forum: http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=523457

Enjoy.

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5022.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

DSC01038.JPG

Looks good! I love those Specis from - let´s say - end of the eighties/ beginning of the nineties. I think you´ll like it a lot. How did you get a grip on those nicely looking Umma Gumma tyres? From my impresssion they´re as rare as real.... uhmm....virgins. :)

That is awesome mate :) i love those steel stumpjumpers from this era , im working on a silver green m2 fs at the moment but i know what my next project will be ! ;)

Mid 90s Specialized are so classy :cool:

Yeah catalogue and XT-only builds are so boring... If parts look right and work right, they are right ;)

Think I would fit a black stem though to match the LX and seat post

Mid-Nineties Specialized(s) make for a wonderfully classy and sophisticated machine, in both ride and looks. I remember drooling over the Stumpjumper when I all I could afford, and can afford *que violin*, is the Hardrock :D.

Back