ProFlex 856 input encouraged!

elPedro666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So I did a very naughty thing...

It is lovely though and came as a swap which I always enjoy :cool:

Hoping you lot will be able to help me make my mind up which build to go for, have three or four possibilities in mind, all cause trouble in some way or other!

fixie_fund_parts_001_124.jpg

20121126_070049.jpg

First major issue is a lack of mech hanger so if anyone can help with that it'd be much appreciated :)

Forks will be linkage jobbies as you'd expect, either shiny silver or black legs.

There is a canti hanger but it's removable so not necessarily tied to cantis, Maguras have been suggested and I likey but will eye up the hose routing to see if they'll run nicely. Would mean buying some too which I'm not keen on!

Vs ditto the cable routing. Have some Arch Rivals I could use though, with nice mag levers. Or XT parallels which I could use with 1x8 STIs (rear brake lever, front STI - looking forward to using these!).

That would mean an XT 1x8 build which I like and have, but I also have some m950 XTR which I think might look really nice against the shiny blue frame :cool:

Also have m950 hubs on silver Mavic 217/517, if not them then I guess some all-silver American classics on 517s.

Finishing kit I reckon would look great all silver ... but I have some matt black with silver logos Titec which I'd like to use; nice wide bars, matching ends & post, just need a stem. Would mean cutting down the post though and there's a basic silver with it as it is.

---> all shiny silver is starting to appeal

Touch of green finishing kit perhaps? Some nice green bar-ends on offer :cool:

Any thoughts good RetroBikers? :D

Red finishing kit to match the spring is a no-brainer I guess but doing a lot of red elsewhere so trying to avoid that. There is the possibility of a red King though so that would likely swing it! :LOL:

Also have red X-Lite and silver Girvin bar ends (as well as the possible green ones), so can suit either option!

it's a dark frame so i think silver bits would look better than black, not keen on red ano myself but as you said small things like the headset to match the spring etc would be cool.

8speed xt i think would be more in keeping with the frame than the xtr but also the xtr would be dark and as i said above the frame is quite dark so suggests lighter coloured componenets

nice frame though, looks really good :D

Sounds good, I should say though that the frame maybe isn't quite as dark as it looks here, although I still think you're probably right :) The other thing is it's very shiny! The blue is quite translucent over polished ally, and I'm quite drawn to the matt XTR in contrast (plus I have the wheels and think it's all ready to go!). The slightly brutish, utilitarian look of m950 might sit well with the frame shape too.

Hmm, decisions!

hey pete, was just down in the garage and noticed the hanger on the karma trek frame i have should fit, with slight modification.

the hangers look identical from the outside, i haven't checked the back side though so that may be different but also there is a little locating hole and metal dowel on the proflex hanger but other than that it should fit.

yours if you want it, no one seemed to want the karma trek frame so i was gonna bin it anyway, the hanger might aswel go somewhere useful

here's a pic of my proflex rear end, same as yours and also the trek

:)

Attachments

• trek drop out.jpg
    trek drop out.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,498
  • proflex drop out.jpg
    proflex drop out.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,498
Well I never...

Thought the hanger was going to be a right pain and that's two offers in an afternoon! :LOL: Jussa is very kindly sending me his, but if your's is spare there's definitely no harm in having a spare, they are sacrificial little things - seen too many die this year!

Thanks guys! :cool:

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some more pics and maybe a mock up or two with whatever I can lay my hands on - love to have this rolling for Cannock...

I think you're right with the silver it will look great against the decals, silver vectors too I think, maguras all the way :D

yes silver lots of :D heres a pic of how it was affter i built it but never got round to riding, think silver rims would look nicer though ;) of course if you need anything polishing you know were i am ;)

Attachments

• proflex 856 complete 005.JPG
    proflex 856 complete 005.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,450
  • proflex 856 complete 001.JPG
    proflex 856 complete 001.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,450
Back