The Alien has landed....

Bike Hoarder

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
With thanks to Paul (paulvandermoolen), one of my all time favourite frames has landed....

Ever since the early MBUK street riding article, featuring an all white example, i have desired one. Anyone scan me a copy of said article?

Well, here's the 'reveal';

2012-11-22 13.02.46.jpg by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

2012-11-22 13.04.14.jpg by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

2012-11-22 22.29.12.jpg by Bike Hoarder, on Flickr

I'm thinking, paint, decals, rock shox, suntour and syncros to finish.

Watch this space!!! :D

Cool, always fancied one of those with the chrome bolted rear ends.

What colour you thinking of going for ?

Cheers,

Col

I think they did these in a fluro/bright green colour (unless i'm imagining things) that would get my vote.

Good luck deciding. Looking forward to seeing the finished bike.

Cheers,

Col

For my two cents always loved the original in Kawasaki racing green with the chrome steel rear end.............................. So how about a Kwacka green front and polished rear ;)

These ride really well (for aluminium) IMHO - not such a bad reputation as an Al Mega for cracking, but keep checking to be sure.

The classic colourway is all-lime green with Mag21s - fairly sure there was a sponsored rider doing the NEMBA series in 1992/3 on one of these - mine is the alternate paint version, hence I took the liberty of going with a Manitou front end and some chi chi Scott brakes. For completeness-sake, I've recently secured a rigid fork for it but I'm in no rush to try that out... ;-)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/u ... kialiensp/

Attachments

• Alien SP 2_001.jpg
    Alien SP 2_001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 3,282
I've got a set of wheels from the Alien I ended up breaking if they are of any use to you? Suntour XC Comp hubs, DT Swiss spokes, Sun Chinook rims. Won't want much for them.

EarlofBarnet":2ixuh2z6 said:
I've got a set of wheels from the Alien I ended up breaking if they are of any use to you? Suntour XC Comp hubs, DT Swiss spokes, Sun Chinook rims. Won't want much for them.

Kind offer, thank you, but wheels are sorted(ish)!

Suntour XC-Pro MD 8spd rear/Suntour XC-Pro Grease Guard front

Rims i'm not too sure on, rear is a campag, front is a rigida ceramic (currently!) :roll:

Back