Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:33 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:15 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

otherself wrote:
Oh thats nice :P . Where did you get the money from in '93?

Took me ages to save up for that bike working for my Dad helping him out with jobs :D

Post subject: KHS
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:37 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Remember lusting after then back then, I remember MBUK rating the team issue top bike 3 years in a row, at any price. They were really light and the Navy blue looked really purposeful among all the Neon eyeball searing paintjobs of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:53 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Awesome think i have a KHS cap with bike of the year on that :roll: its been years mate since iv'e seen it, i'm looking for it now :lol:

It is very nice looking paint job, but can easily get scratched it has like 3 layers paint white then pink then blue over that to make this paint job, they must have used so much paint and probably would have saved a pound in weight i they only had one colour :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:59 pm 
Retro Guru

Nice! I have a KHS Montana Pro that I owned from new, definitely underrated frames, neutral riding behaviour, fantastic climber, the True Temper tubing is very comfortable, but still a racy frame with a long top tube and a spirit that motivates you every corner and downhill to go faster!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:58 pm 
Dirt Disciple

They are great bikes yours is a lot prettier than mine - a KHS Montana Comp owned since new in 1994, (£600 BIG spend then) great bike and many enjoyable rides, this ones taken this summer up on the Malvern hills. B Windy though.
Still on original pedals with Toe clips (new balls this year!).
After 18 years of KHS I have invested in another :- a 29er Full Suss Flagstaff which brings me up to date in one foul swoop, yet to get used to setting it all up but does seem a little easier to ride. The Comp stays part of the stable, hope the new one last as well.

Attachments:
KHS-Comp-Malvern.jpg
KHS-Comp-Malvern.jpg [ 227.12 KiB | Viewed 416 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:17 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

troje wrote:
Nice! I have a KHS Montana Pro that I owned from new, definitely underrated frames, neutral riding behaviour, fantastic climber, the True Temper tubing is very comfortable, but still a racy frame with a long top tube and a spirit that motivates you every corner and downhill to go faster!

That is so true mate :D mine almost feels like a road bike very strange riding is some times head down just trying to get that little extra out of it, and it just gives more :D ialway end up letting it down though these days :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:19 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

KHSrider wrote:
They are great bikes yours is a lot prettier than mine - a KHS Montana Comp owned since new in 1994, (£600 BIG spend then) great bike and many enjoyable rides, this ones taken this summer up on the Malvern hills. B Windy though.
Still on original pedals with Toe clips (new balls this year!).
After 18 years of KHS I have invested in another :- a 29er Full Suss Flagstaff which brings me up to date in one foul swoop, yet to get used to setting it all up but does seem a little easier to ride. The Comp stays part of the stable, hope the new one last as well.

Awesome picture mate i remember the classic and seeing this veiw, was that a recent picture looks great :D

Post subject: Re: KHS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

[quote="Wold Ranger"]Remember lusting after then back then, I remember MBUK rating the team issue top bike 3 years in a row, at any price. They were really light and the Navy blue looked really purposeful among all the Neon eyeball searing paintjobs of the time.[/quote

Found this cap i thought i had it hidden :D

Attachments:
xtrritcheybits19 002.JPG
xtrritcheybits19 002.JPG [ 226.19 KiB | Viewed 150 times ]
xtrritcheybits19 003.JPG
xtrritcheybits19 003.JPG [ 355.06 KiB | Viewed 150 times ]