Norco Bush Pilot - mid 80's

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Strange bike to find over here but my mate wheeled this into my garden the other day, it needs fixed up a bit.

He picked it up on a tour in Canada in the mid 80's - he reckons about 86.
Not a high spec bike- low end shimano and chen shin brakes,
but seems to still have original dérailleurs and shifters (Shimano EM? can some one date these?).
I love the old handlebars, relaxed geometry predating hybrids and scarily thin forks for off-roading.

He still uses it for regular 30mile road trips at the weekends.

Attachments

• bushpilot.jpg
    bushpilot.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,249
Re:

Hi !

I have a complete family of old Norco Bush Pilot .. I plane to take more good picture of my 4 artifact .. I really appreciate help to find the right years of each !

Personally, i really like ride old MTB and these Norco are really great for price category of piece ...

Attachments

• DSC03903.JPG
    DSC03903.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 1,043
  • DSC03904.JPG
    DSC03904.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 1,042
  • DSC03905.JPG
    DSC03905.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,041
Re:

Sick bike brah!

Norco Bush Pilot 1984. I think that was the first year of Norco bikes. I currently ride this bike off road, snow commuter or pub crawler. I converted the 6 speed to a singlespeed, new tires and installed V- brakes with "travel agent" pulleys so I could use the stock 4 finger brake levers. Built it up as a cheap bike that im not afraid to leave outside the bar unlocked, but I fell in love with its bullmoose bars, quirky handling and the rust patina is sweet.

IMG_20170105_214430333.jpg

Back