a dirty (slightly) rts1.

mtbdave

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Found myself in the rare position of being able to go out for a hour today,just local woods.
its the first time i have taken this bike out since it was built(yes i know it should have been months ago!)
but still its the first time in about 18 years i have done it so i thought the woods would be best to get back into mountain biking again!!

anyway photos (sorry abt quality think iphone steamed up!!)
Before
004-8.jpg

during
152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

and after,showered towel dried and back home!
157.jpg

I know not too muddy but lots of leaves every where.
i loved getting back on the bike again really looking forward to the next time,this was for sale but i am not so sure now! :LOL:

How does the RTS ride compared to, say, an LTS..? Does the rear end actually lock out when pedalling or does the suspension just ramp up?

I ask because I've got the chance to get my hands on a nice RTS2 and I'm not sure whether I want to take the plunge or not!

It's a little dinky one (14.5") with the steel rear end like yours, so I want to use it as a bit of a retro DH/Dual bike (just like Warner did back in the day!)

the lts rear end is more active i think at speed and climbing
the rts surprised me at how well it climbed i only once or twice got out the saddle( granted i wasnt climbing a 1 in 3 hill but i was surpised all the same)
especially at the lack of" bobbing around" at the rear end while out the saddle.

if i were you i would get the rts2 if the price is right as it may climb better being a smaller frame?

it was the first time i had a propper ride on the rts and i think am going to enjoy it for a few years yet!! :D

First time I went out this year was the end of September, did 3 miles and needed a 30 minute sit down when I got home :oops:

Do 25 miles on a Sunday now, some weeks seem easier than others but definetley feeling likes it's having an impact :D

looks good Dave, I've just finished my rocky mountain equipe so the RTS Team is next on the list :D

Just have a few jobs to do on my latest purchase - 98 Cannondale F2000, hope to have that done and ready to ride over Xmas, so jan will be getting into the GT, can't wait to ride it too

Not this time!
I live in brombrough so the woods down in dibensdale,was good really enjoyed it not too many people around walking dogs etc.

Back