Oh Fruity!!! 93' Clockwork--Now for sale

stocko

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Way back in 1992,i had a clockwork frame with pace forks-(kindly supplied by santa :LOL: ) It was the orange and white fade and couldn't wait to get it built ready for the 93' racing season. Obviously being still at school then,the build was fairly basic,but the ride was fantastic.
Now,fast forward 20 years :shock: and i now have one again....... :D
After posting up an ad on the wanted page,i logged on one night to find a msg from Azaro saying his would be up for sale. Well,i just had to have it,and by the end of the week it arrived. It was painted in the grey powdercoat that (brocklander023) had done. It was a nice colour and finish but....i wanted the original orange/white.
So it went on a trip to leeds to Bob Jacksons and 4 weeks later its here!!!!

Its not quite finished but couldn't resist a few pics
I'll add spec once its finished but its full dx,pace rc-35's and period finishing kit

first pic shows the frame of how it was originally( painted by brocklanders023) before i got it
Hope you like it and any comments welcome

Attachments

• DSCF9326 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF9326 (Medium).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,114
  • DSCF9330 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF9330 (Medium).JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,114
  • DSCF9323 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF9323 (Medium).JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,114
  • orange clockwork pre paint (Medium).jpg
    orange clockwork pre paint (Medium).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,437
more pics

Attachments

• DSCF9327 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF9327 (Medium).JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 2,109
  • DSCF9331 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF9331 (Medium).JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,109
  • DSCF9329 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF9329 (Medium).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 2,109
  • DSCF9333 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF9333 (Medium).JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,109
Orange and white clockwork is definately on my must have list and that one sir is quite fine

Clockwork

That's stunning-bar the CT stem, they are prone to twisting and rather fragile. A syncros would be a better option?
You didn't fancy sticking with a threaded headset and Quill stem then?

Brocks/azaros was lovely and bloody hard to make look much better.. You might have just achieved that.

Well done.

Re: Clockwork

Wold Ranger":1yzbkbmb said:
That's stunning-bar the CT stem, they are prone to twisting and rather fragile. A syncros would be a better option?
You didn't fancy sticking with a threaded headset and Quill stem then?

i was looking for a syncros,but finding a 0° 130 is hard. The other route and what i think would be the best option is-

Stalk stem
dx headset
change steerer to threaded

anyone got a stalk 135mm ;)

brocklanders023":o6s951vn said:
Cor, that's quite a change for the old girl. Used to love the ride of this frame, enjoy :cool:

as much as i liked your's in grey,it just had to go orange/white ;)

sinnerman- i'll add as soon as its finished.....also have a 94 clockwork to sort out now :D

Back