Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:52 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:56 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 pm
Posts: 1211
Location: Cornwall, England
Retro Spud wrote:
Darren

You're fast becoming the #1 Yeti project Builder :D
Fair play to Yah buddy you've an exceptional eye for /attension to detail

Slow burner or not I'll be following this one keenly


I don't know about that, maybe #1 project starter! Finishing them seems to be the biggest challenge so big respect to everyone on here, I know how much time it takes to finish these projects :oops:

This should be a sweet build though, even better if I can source a portage pad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:08 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 3187
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Silverfish wrote:
1986 YETI YAK - Silverfish Third Build

Anyway - I need a 1st gen Yeti man head tube badge - or at least an idea where I might be able to source the artwork?

Yaks... Yetis with Racks




Any good .. ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeti-1st-Genera ... 27ccb33821


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:11 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
Silverfish wrote:
Retro Spud wrote:
Darren

You're fast becoming the #1 Yeti project Builder :D
Fair play to Yah buddy you've an exceptional eye for /attension to detail

Slow burner or not I'll be following this one keenly


I don't know about that, maybe #1 project starter! Finishing them seems to be the biggest challenge so big respect to everyone on here, I know how much time it takes to finish these projects :oops:

This should be a sweet build though, even better if I can source a portage pad.


Mate your last finished build was Sublime.

Im confident this will be the same.

Could we not make a suitable shoulder pad for it. Im sure there must be someone here or on yetifan with one we could borrow, once in hand and with some thought, it shouldnt be too hard... :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:13 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 pm
Posts: 1211
Location: Cornwall, England
Retro Spud wrote:
Silverfish wrote:
1986 YETI YAK - Silverfish Third Build

Anyway - I need a 1st gen Yeti man head tube badge - or at least an idea where I might be able to source the artwork?

Yaks... Yetis with Racks


Any good .. ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeti-1st-Genera ... 27ccb33821


Thanks for the heada up Retro Spud, but that looks like 2nd gen Yeti man to me...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:28 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 3187
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Silverfish wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Retro Spud, but that looks like 2nd gen Yeti man to me...


That's the difference between me and you.... I'd have f**ked up and bought it :oops:
(although to be honest I've not got the real deal to directly compare it with.. so I might let myself off that one)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 808
Location: verona italy
great !!!
another super thread 8)


please don't change those white & black stripes with old yeti army characters
are so niiice , IMHO


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:14 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 pm
Posts: 1211
Location: Cornwall, England
Sadly the black and white stripes will go yes...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:18 am 
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 3134
Location: Sunny South of France
Silverfish : you killed me again ! :shock: :D

Silverfish wrote:
Sadly the black and white stripes will go yes...

no ! no ! :( The dacals are the particularity of your frame.
Or, before removing them, make a copy :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:23 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 pm
Posts: 1211
Location: Cornwall, England
24pouces wrote:
Silverfish : you killed me again ! :shock: :D

Silverfish wrote:
Sadly the black and white stripes will go yes...

no ! no ! :( The dacals are the particularity of your frame.
Or, before removing them, make a copy :D


The white was a repaint, the turq/white was a repaint, it's impossible to tell now what colour it would have been originally. The stripes really don't do it for me I am sorry :(

But they are only bits of tape wrapped around the tubes so very easy to replicate :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am 
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 3134
Location: Sunny South of France
Silverfish wrote:
But they are only bits of tape wrapped around the tubes so very easy to replicate :D


cool ! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Joshua and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group