1992 Saracen Kili Pro - finally finished – page 3

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
This one has been a slow burner for a little while but I've finally got round to getting it to the powdercoaters so I can now start a proper build thread for it.

I wanted a Kili Pro before I bought the Zinn so its was something that I was itching to get my hands on so I could see what it was like. You see a lot of the Kili Racers or the 93 Race Elites but I haven't seen any of here as complete bikes. Not sure why not but there you go.

I picked up the bike by doing random google search and luckily the guy still wanted to sell it so I snapped it up. Most of the parts were original apart from the wheels, stem and tyres but a lot of it was in very poor shape. What I managed to save has been passed on and I was left with the frame. All the decals were shot so I decided to strip it back and start again. The paint was in generally good order apart from a few large patches where it was peeling off.

Pictures of the frame as it was.

SKP_0005.jpg

SKP_0008.jpg

SKP_0007.jpg

SKP_0006.jpg

SKP_0003.jpg

SKP_0001.jpg

All will be revealed in a few minutes..... :)

But it will be a spec build so that gives it away :oops:

Here are some really crappy pics :oops: of the freshly powder coated frame.

It is gloss black with a silver speckled lacquer that is a bit more colourful than the original. The original did have a tiny silver flecks that you could only see close up.

You can see in the second picture that when it does hit the light so get more variation in the colour, but from a distance and at first glance it looks solid black.

SKP_004.jpg

SKP_001.jpg

SKP_002.jpg

Next job was the decals.

I worked with Gil on these and they have come out really well. Silver screen printed on clear as per the originals.

I even managed to find a NOS true temper decal which I'll get a picture of later.

Headset (NOS XT), bottom bracket (UN54) and a NOS Ritchey stem on, I just had to get my LBS to sort out the crown race which they did this afternoon. I know the headset is not spec but I wanted to keep it all black and couldn't find a Logic headset.

Next job is to get the wheels built and then its full steam ahead... :) ....at last :?

Apologies as the images are a bit dark but hopefully you can see the detail ok.

SKP_06.jpg

SKP_05.jpg

SKP_04.jpg

SKP_03.jpg

Back