Cannondale 19????

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks

I bought this frame from a chappie on here a while back for a for a friend but it turned out to be far too big for him.... the man a few of us know as Frodo. After we found him a more dwarf-like frame I decided to build this up and here it is! It fits me like a glove.
I honestly thought I would be splitting it asap but after a couple of rides I actually really love it :)
Can anyone identify the model/year....I guess at 89ish due to the poxy U-Brake....see link

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

I replaced that piece of shit Exage U-Brake with a very cool dia-compe piece(thanks lgf) whick is imo a powerful as most V-Bakes after the painful hour of setting up!
It took a while to find some forks to fit that stupidly long headtube but (thanks nevadasmith & mr panda) I have some Minty RC35's.
The LX & DX groupset is period I hope? A nice pair of amberwalls are on the way from a friend.

Attachments

• rsz_photo1383.jpg
    rsz_photo1383.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,146
  • rsz_photo1382.jpg
    rsz_photo1382.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,146
  • rsz_photo1381.jpg
    rsz_photo1381.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 1,146
  • rsz_photo1380.jpg
    rsz_photo1380.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,146
Judging from the decals and cable routing this is a 1991 model ("canny" decal on downtube, cable routing on top tube with welded cable stops not plastic guides). But what really itches me is that in 1991 there wasn´t a single model with U-Brake/Rollercam socket. Sure, it´s not a repainted eighties frame?!

euphras_1":5qiyeoxl said:
Judging from the decals and cable routing this is a 1991 model ("canny" decal on downtube, cable routing on top tube with welded cable stops not plastic guides). But what really itches me is that in 1991 there wasn´t a single model with U-Brake/Rollercam socket. Sure, it´s not a repainted eighties frame?!

It has plastic cable guides.....and is original paint 100% I am sure :)

Exage Mountain was pretty much 1989 only (model year at least) and the 1989 brochure would suggest an SM600 even if it doesn't mention a black option. By 1990 I think they all had the elongated chainstay/drop-out style.

1990-on Deore LX mechs/chainset are almost identical to 1989 Mountain LX in looks.

lrh":g0p31ddr said:
Exage Mountain was pretty much 1989 only (model year at least) and the 1989 brochure would suggest an SM600 even if it doesn't mention a black option. By 1990 I think they all had the elongated chainstay/drop-out style.

1990-on Deore LX mechs/chainset are almost identical to 1989 Mountain LX in looks.

Yeah... someone else said 1989....all the lx/dx stuff was stolen from a mystery (cb) bike and a saracen....I think it all works nicely together and is a keeper :)

Sorry for misjudging the cable stops but regarding the decals it´s most likely a repaint. "Cannondale" decals went to the downtube in 1991, earlier models have them on the top tube. Is there a decal on the seat tubes?

euphras_1":16w5pl4x said:
Sorry for misjudging the cable stops but regarding the decals it´s most likely a repaint. "Cannondale" decals went to the downtube in 1991, earlier models have them on the top tube. Is there a decal on the seat tubes?

Sure this paint is original....

Attachments

• rsz_photo1386.jpg
    rsz_photo1386.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,079
Back