Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:23 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:39 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:07 pm
Posts: 5751
Location: Portsmouth
Quality project this one, well done and keep the enthusiasm up because it's going to be so worth it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:59 am 
BMX Grandpa
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:28 am
Posts: 335
Location: Germany
Silverfish wrote:
Worth checking the axle length - I made the same mistake and now have a pair of minty Bullseye cranks - for a BMX :oops:


Darren, you need this BMX crank? Its perfect for an ssp. Send me a pm if you dont need them. How long should be a regular MTB axle? From where to where will it be measured?


Pierre = magnificent building !

Cheers
Michael


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:41 am 
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 3135
Location: Sunny South of France
If it could help you, my Bullseye spindle is around 102mm(spider to end) or 112 (arm to end) . It seems fine for the yeti, but I don't know if it's really for mtb or bmx :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:16 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 8433
Location: Oh Canada!
:shock: wow, another amazing bike added to your collection! subscribing for updates!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:15 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 pm
Posts: 1211
Location: Cornwall, England
bmx4130crmo wrote:
Silverfish wrote:
Darren, you need this BMX crank? Its perfect for an ssp. Send me a pm if you dont need them. How long should be a regular MTB axle? From where to where will it be measured?
Cheers
Michael


Maybe available Michael. Am half keeping it for my Ultimate build as I may get away with the short axle on an elevated stay bike. Haven't decided yet whether to run Cooks RSR cranks on that or Bullseys's.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:19 pm 
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 3135
Location: Sunny South of France
Silverfish wrote:
bmx4130crmo wrote:
Silverfish wrote:
Darren, you need this BMX crank? Its perfect for an ssp. Send me a pm if you dont need them. How long should be a regular MTB axle? From where to where will it be measured?
Cheers
Michael


Maybe available Michael. Am half keeping it for my Ultimate build as I may get away with the short axle on an elevated stay bike. Haven't decided yet whether to run Cooks RSR cranks on that or Bullseys's.

how long is the axle ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 pm
Posts: 1211
Location: Cornwall, England
Will have to check on Monday


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:07 pm 
BMX Grandpa
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:28 am
Posts: 335
Location: Germany
24pouces wrote:
If it could help you, my Bullseye spindle is around 102mm(spider to end) or 112 (arm to end) . It seems fine for the yeti, but I don't know if it's really for mtb or bmx :wink:


Thanks Pierre, I think your spindle is very short? My both are 120 and 128mm.

Image

Image

My other two Bullie cranks are in my Yeti and Klunker, but I dont know the spindles lenght.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:42 pm 
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 3135
Location: Sunny South of France
I screwed the BB bearings today and tried the Bullseye…
The arms are going near the stays (around 4mm), and a 46t chainring is quite OK, but not more.
But I would need a longer axle : the end of the axle is going to half of the crank. I would need minimum 5mm more :?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:48 am
Posts: 1580
Location: Cheshire
Real shame on the axle been a little short. Could you not cut and shut it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bignick, Suzukiko and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group