1990 Haro Extreme

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
so i was doing some voluntary work at the bristol bike project this afternoon, when i found this haro extreme in the donations section..... what would usually happen is cheap bikes which have been run down are donated, made road worthy again and passed on to someone new as a free mode of transport or broken for parts. however i thought the haro would make a decent restoration project, so i made a small donation to the project's running fund and acquired myself a 1990 haro extreme.

the bike is completely original with exception of the tyres. the paintwork is a bit rough, graphics are scuffed, faded and peeling.

its also rusty pretty much all over, which you cant really see in the pictures, due to the colour of the paint. Although it needs a lot of work doing, it shouldn't be to difficult to turn back the years on it

my plans are to have the bike repainted with new graphics and as the bike currently has 100% of the original parts i am simply going to keep the groupset as it stands, just clean and polish, replacing only the parts that need changing.

Heres a few phone pics of the bike. let me know what you think for the resto :)

cheers, sean

p4pb8827266.jpg

p4pb8827257.jpg

That's a sweet little runaround right there! I do love an E-stay frame.

I found my Univega (Alpina 5.1) through just such a scheme - I would love to volunteer for such a cause, but I lack the necessary mechanically inclined mind :).

RustyGold":6mzgmndr said:
That's a sweet little runaround right there! I do love an E-stay frame.

I found my last Univega (Alpine 5.1) through just such a scheme - I would love to volunteer for such a cause, but I lack the necessary mechanically inclined mind :).

its a good place to learn, and there are people of different skill levels ;)

chapeau for helping out at the project - I've been down a couple of times now. I saw that bike when i was in yesterday - it's quite nice.

cce":2jbllpwz said:
chapeau for helping out at the project - I've been down a couple of times now. I saw that bike when i was in yesterday - it's quite nice.

we may have met before then ;) and yeah it shouldn't take too much work i dont think, it is in good shape.
i should be working the youth's session that's on tomorrow afternoon

spot on dude, in my opinion, the best looking elevated bikes made, super :cool:

glad to here recycling schemes going strong :D

SEANSTEPHENS":22nmi01h said:
cce":22nmi01h said:

we may have met before then ;) and yeah it shouldn't take too much work i dont think, it is in good shape.
i should be working the youth's session that's on tomorrow afternoon and riding the haro back afterwards

I'm Keir - i usually ride in on one of the bikes in my sig.

cce":quyy1n5p said:
SEANSTEPHENS":quyy1n5p said:
cce":quyy1n5p said:

i should be working the youth's session that's on tomorrow afternoon and riding the haro back afterwards

I'm Keir - i usually ride in on one of the bikes in my sig.

I'll have to keep an eye out, I usually just drop by whenever I'm near and have some free time but I'm mostly there on tuesday nights

Back