Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:46 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 24/12/12
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: Bristol, UK
these are the original SLR STI's off the haro, they've been sitting in my toolbox whilst i decide what im going to do with them. i was going to tidy them up strip and polish the blades, and get matching shifters. they have a dx on one and a broken alivio looking shifter on the other. they are possibly a bit past it though, might replace them with some levers and thumbies depending on how cheaply i can get them :?

if anyone has any shifters levers or shifter parts they could sell me i may be interested in purchasing... i also need a new cassette

sean


Attachments:
IMG-20121224-00490.jpg
IMG-20121224-00490.jpg [ 209.03 KiB | Viewed 503 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:20 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: Bristol, UK
Hopefully this build can be finished by the end january

Could really use some shifters levers and a 26.4mm seatpost. Gone a bit quiet on here :lol:


Last edited by SEANSTEPHENS on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:27 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 5637
Location: Gorleston-on-sea (If there is a bright center to the universe this is place furthest from it
There is a pair of DX thumbies in the road section for £15 from Wired99 :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:49 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: Bristol, UK
kermitgreenkona88 wrote:
There is a pair of DX thumbies in the road section for £15 from Wired99 :wink:


they do look quite tidy condition for the price.... ive sent the guy a pm and am waiting on a reply. just need some cheap levers now

sean


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:58 pm 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Am I the only one thinking the colour just isn't bright enough?

Should be retina burning neon.... :-/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:10 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: Bristol, UK
Rob Atkin wrote:
Am I the only one thinking the colour just isn't bright enough?

Should be retina burning neon.... :-/


Don't say that! You'll have me stripping it down again and repainting it :lol: I did find somewhere afterwards that sells a wide range of flourecent holts colours, but I've been wanting to paint a bike yellow for quite a while so I guess now its out of my system... besides I do like the yellow ;)

Sean


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:18 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 pm
Posts: 6472
Location: WILTSHIRE
SEANSTEPHENS wrote:
Rob Atkin wrote:
Am I the only one thinking the colour just isn't bright enough?

Should be retina burning neon.... :-/


Don't say that! You'll have me stripping it down again and repainting it :lol: I did find somewhere afterwards that sells a wide range of flourecent holts colours, but I've been wanting to paint a bike yellow for quite a while so I guess now its out of my system... besides I do like the yellow ;)

Sean


I think your colour choice is perfect Sean it would suit silver or black comps!

Tc


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:37 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: Bristol, UK
Tc wrote:
SEANSTEPHENS wrote:
Rob Atkin wrote:
Am I the only one thinking the colour just isn't bright enough?

Should be retina burning neon.... :-/


Don't say that! You'll have me stripping it down again and repainting it :lol: I did find somewhere afterwards that sells a wide range of flourecent holts colours, but I've been wanting to paint a bike yellow for quite a while so I guess now its out of my system... besides I do like the yellow ;)

Sean


I think your colour choice is perfect Sean it would suit silver or black comps!

Tc


Cheers mate, I do think I got the colour choice right... Its bold and something a bit different from what you usuallysee on here. But without looking cheap and nasty

Sean


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:28 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: Bristol, UK
its been a while since i updated this due to lack of time with xmas and college stuff, but im at home today with a hangover so here we go. heres some pics with a few new bits and bobs on it :D

the tyres are the only modern part of this build so far. they are bontrager connections. In this pic as well is a clue as to what my next rebuild will be ;)
Image

i picked these thumbies up off the road forum, at £15 including delivery they were a steal
Image

Image

Image


Last edited by SEANSTEPHENS on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:08 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: Bristol, UK
23/01/2012

Not much has changed since the last update, only some new brake levers have been fitted. but anyway heres some pics of the bike in the snow

Image
Image

And with with my diamondback

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kid1313, M-Power, NeilM, phoog, Spanky22b and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group