1995 Marin Pine Mountain Restoration

Aideo

Retro Newbie
Hello all, new to RetroBike and thought I'd share my current project restoring my 1995 Marin Pine Mountain. I bought new from ShokWave in Nottingham back in 1995, it was my main bike for 5 years, then kids arrived followed by Spec StumpJumper FSR and more recently a Cube Cross Race. I've just started the strip down and since the (Marin) White Industries crank has polished up so nicely, thought I'd share some pictures.

And I have a question, in my enthusiasm to strip the crank down I didn't follow my usual methodical approach and now need to advice on reassembly, the larger ring as a locating peg which I assume lines with the crank arm, the middle ring has an obvious outside, but is there a particular alignment, the smaller ring has some writing on one side, is this the inside? All advice very welcome.

Attachments

• P1030446-sml.jpg
    P1030446-sml.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 426
hi you will notice that the middle ring has a slightly different shape to one of the five inner edges, like a slight wave. the others are plain, i can see it on the pic but can't explain fully :oops: that lies with the arm as per the peg with the outer ring. the small ring ought to be fixed so the writing faces into the frame.

good luck mate.

Latest posts

Back