Raleigh Dyna-Tech Quantum 1992

Clifford

Retro Guru
Look what the ebay fairy gave me.

I am still in the process of cleaning 20 years of grime off but needed to post a pic ASAP as I am very please with this one.

All of the parts are original apart from the front tyre but I have already found a Trail Dawg and its on the way from Italy. In a week or two this will be 100% original and ready to ride.

Saddle has dried out, no gel any more. I will be on the lookout for one of these gel monsters.

Front forks in need of new air caps, I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction? I have some serviced Mag 30s that will be donating parts but not the air caps. Lower legs will get a re-spray.

Fair weather bike is my thinking, keeping the miles low and the bike original.

Attachments

• DSCF5899 (800x531).jpg
    DSCF5899 (800x531).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 2,089
I was watching this on e bay too mate. Didn't have the cash at the time and my diablo DX needed finishing.

Nice buy and nice bike. Glad to see that you are keeping it original.

Good find,

Was it on UK ebay? It didn't pop up on my following list unless I was too slow..........I would have certainly snapped this one up!

beaglepop":2ttds7mw said:
Good find,

Was it on UK ebay? It didn't pop up on my following list unless I was too slow..........I would have certainly snapped this one up!

Ah no wonder I missed it, I've just realised I'm 4 years too slow!

Re:

Not posted on here for a while, been very busy lol

Yes got this a few years ago, due to personal circumstances this has been stored at the parents.

It will soon be on its way to a new loving home and will be given the time a attention it deserves. Can't wait to see it!!

Who else remembers this in the Raleigh shop window when we were boys/young men?

Back