Is this a Specialized stumpjumper?? Now with frame number

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey, calling all Specialized heads out there, I've just bought this on Ebay, was listed as a Stumpjumper but the more research I do I cant find weather it is or not. You could say I'm daft buying it with stripped paint, components aren't too bad tho and if worst comes to worst I'll build it on to another frame. Here are some pics

specstumpy.jpg

specstump2.jpg

Thanks Rob :)

I can't really help here, but the people who can will need closer up shots of the details such as dropouts, seat cluster, heat tube area. And most crucially, the frame number and any other stamps put on the frame.

FWIW I don't think it's a Spesh, but I could easily be wrong as Spesh bikes don't always stand out from the crowd.

i'd look at the gusseting (if any) around the head tube and the rear mech hanger.
serial number would help too.

is the front mech not fed under the bottom bracket on stumpys? (it is on Hardrocks of the late 90s)
also, is that a rear canti hanger below the seat post clamp??

In the other pic from the action I cant see any guesseting, my dads 2000 stumpy has a nice "S" gusset on the top tube, I just thought this may be an older stumpy frame. Also just looked at the front cable route and yes it does come up from under the BB. Hmm not looking good then, I have asked for the frame number but no relpy yet. Possible grounds to get the seller done on Ebay as it may not be a stumpy and it was advertised as one??

I spotted that too but thought it wasn't a stumpy , the chainstay and rear wheel mounts look wrong.
Matthew

If it turns out to be something else, you'll need to launch an eBay or PayPal claim and prove it. Not just by linking to Speialized catalogues, but also one that clearly shows the correct brand and type.

Mind you, even in the event of a full refund, you may have to pay the shipping costs both ways.
Sometimes it's better to take it on the chin and try to minimize the loss by stripping and reselling in parts.

Yeah may be, if its not even a specialized I might just suggest a part refund and see what the seller says just to keep eBay out of it. He has 100% feedback so he might do that?

Back