AlMega DX back together and singlespeedified!

MCsanandreas

Mountain Cycle Fan
Feedback
View
got the frame and forks last year at a very good price knowing that the threads in the b/b were not good. ran it for a while until threads stripped completely.
having now found a b/b that screws into itself not the frame it was time to reassemble so here tis.....

003-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

in the exotic location of my garden,will take for a spin and put proof on here sometime.

Looks good.

Glad you got sorted with the BB issue in the end.

Now you've built it, what do you think of it/them?

GT-Steve":3g2pce7x said:
Looks good.

Glad you got sorted with the BB issue in the end.

Now you've built it, what do you think of it/them?

very different to my Mountain Cycles!! can feel the short chainstays when riding it and they do climb well thats for sure. running it on 34/16 gears as it does not need a tensioner.
always liked the look of this frame and had to be this colour.

:D :D

cant put cantis on the hangers are missing,probably would look better i agree(if purple!!)

carbon drive? not sure what you mean there,also i am skint so no money for trinkets like that :(

Google gates Carbon drive
I am looking at building a bike for it and it need e-stay or special frame to get the belt on

marker":2jdujc4q said:
Google gates Carbon drive
I am looking at building a bike for it and it need e-stay or special frame to get the belt on

ah,interesting! just had a quick look at their website. you would need to run an eccentric b/b perhaps? unless the frame you found had horizontal dropouts of course.

Back