Cleaning up a Nickel P7 frame.

Kell

Retro Guru
I've read as many of the P7 threads as I can find, but wondered if someone could point me in the direction of a couple of things.

1. Getting the frame back to something resembling 'nice'. i.e.

a) Strip the decals, clean and polish
b) Remove lacquer (seen this mentioned, no idea how to do it)
clean and relacquer
c) Get the nickel plating redone

For all the above I'd need loads of guidance on where, how and how much (roughly) to do the various options.

2. New stickers - I've looked on the Orange website, but do they go back far enough?

Thanks in advance...

I had a snotty one so attacked it with a brillo pad. It takes the lacquer off but leaves the plate nice and shiney. Strip the lacquer with nitromoors.

P7

Get it bead blasted to remove the Nickel then Powder coat it, The plated finishes are high maintenence, rust always creeping through!

I got mine re-plated, you can see the results here. It cost £210. It looks great but is probably overkill unless your frame is really bad to start with - Brillo pad and elbow grease is probably ok in most cases.

renaldo":756twwjz said:
I got mine re-plated, you can see the results here. It cost £210. It looks great but is probably overkill unless your frame is really bad to start with - Brillo pad and elbow grease is probably ok in most cases.

I've already seen that thread. ;)

I think the best cause of action is to start with the least aggressive method and see where that gets me.

So I guess I'll start with a good clean and see where that gets me. And then think about the tin foil/nitromors attack And a re-lacquer.

Just one q.

Do the decals go on the naked frame and then it gets lacquered? Or do they go on at the end?

Back