My Kona Kilauea 96

RetroNicko

Dirt Disciple
Have just dusted the old girl off, and let her see some daylight, am in two minds to restore or sell, comments welcomed :cool:
Nicko

2012-08-17150621.jpg

CIMG5117.jpg

CIMG5118.jpg

CIMG5121.jpg

CIMG5124.jpg

I know wrong section, but here is the old girls replacement, go easy guys :oops: lol
2010-10-02151047.jpg

2010-10-02151059.jpg

Cheers for the comments guys, I know the Fisher is not really the done thing on here, but with 2 fractured backs (both mine lol :roll: ) I had to get something a little more "compfy" shall we say, couldn`t go full sus, that just wasnt an option, so went for the best front end I could afford, tbh the fisher rear end has less flex than the kona, but the Fox`s help alot and it overall a much quicker rigg for me. kona wise I just wish I hadnt thrown all the old bits in the bin back in 96 when i starting to build the bike up, it was only 6 months old :oops:

In an ideal world we'd keep everything we ever had wouldn't we... Your Fisher is what you need so don't feel you need to defend your decision, your bike, your choice! And the main thing is your still biking, no time for retro snobs.
All that said I'd seriously be interested if you decide to sell the Killy!
Steve

Cheers steve, yeah your dead right, horses for courses and all that, tbh I never even thought id have her 16yrs down the line, let alone think about keeping all the OE parts I took off, the curve brakes, stem and saddle were just chucked in a skip if I remember :?

ill drop you a PM :D

Back