1994 Cannondale M600

mrlee

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I won this on ebay last week and im really impressed :D I bought one last year but it was way too small so with a bit of a wait this turned up,
it was the long chain stayed frames that I longed for when I was a youth my teacher had an early one in blue, m500 I think? anyway this is a keeper and will develop over time but for now its dressed like this,

at last
IMAG0353.jpg

mmm 96 judy xc's :?
IMAG0352.jpg

the last of the long stay's
IMAG0354.jpg

shiny
IMAG0356.jpg

turquoise and teal fade
IMAG0357.jpg

back on it's feet
IMAG0355.jpg

lots of champagne, I can see a black theme rather than silver
IMAG0358.jpg

I will be using a mixture of xc pro/ltd for this build, im not over keen on the forks and have some 94 manitou comp's that would be more in with the build,
Lee.

congratulations :D

Very, very nice bike, and a cool color combination too........

A nice Pepperoni fork should also look very cool, but for off road use this is probably the better choice, i use my Cannondale's mostly on tarmac.

Good luck with the bike.............. :cool:

I rode this at the national ride this weekend and I really enjoyed it, it's very nimble and stable at speed, only thing that went wrong was a snapped spoke, after the ride it was in with a chance of bikeoftheride oh well maybe next time,
IMAG0374.jpg

just want an xc pro front mech and a champagne flavour sear post,
Lee.

nice lee
i have some of these , i like them a lot only got one long stay one tho

Niiice. Looks lovely, not had a long stay M series myself..yet :)

Nifty looking barends and that paint is lovely. Think the stem is very nice looking too, although I'm not keen on the Brooks but I guess that is a choice based on 'comfort' not aesthetics? :) Function over form is more important IMO.

Looks like a sharp ride

Hi mate cheers for the positive words, the barends are mountain goat and the saddle is for comfort, I should get a display saddle as these brooks do look a bit bulky, cheers,

Hi there! beautiful bike One of my favorites. If you are interested, I have a pepperoni of that same color .... ;-)

Re:

Lovely looking frame! My brother in law has an R500? of the same vintage. It has the same "sticking out" dropouts and on a road bike i can sort of get it but on a mountain bike the design looks like a timebomb if ridden hard. I haven't looked into it
but does anyone know if there were problems with this dropout failing?

Cannondale has a history of doing things their way and usually it has worked for them (and the consumers) well so it might be just fine and just looks strange because it differs from what everyone else were and are doing.

Great looking frame none the less and I really like the color too! The R500 is actually pretty much the same color if I remember righr.

Back