Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:29 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:43 pm 
Retro Guru

stumpjumper1990 wrote:
That is very nice! Just read the whole thread and I think you made the right choices in the end! It looks stunning!!

Only thing I would change is the seatpost. Think a silver (XTR M910?) would suit it better. But that's just my opinion!

Well done!

I worked as a mechanic for a small racing team in 1991 at Mammoth mountain and the tent next to us was the Yeti team. Their bikes were fully outfitted with ano Ringle stuff. I would do a Ringle 3DV post. IMO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm 
South East Deputy AEC
South East Deputy AEC

Nick,

I would've loved to have seen this at the ride on sunday, absolutely gutted for you. Wishing you the best and speediest recovery possible fella

Max

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:44 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Hi

Thanks for all your comments, was a real buzz to read them,

ez054098 wrote:
I worked as a mechanic for a small racing team in 1991 at Mammoth mountain and the tent next to us was the Yeti team. Their bikes were fully outfitted with ano Ringle stuff. I would do a Ringle 3DV post. IMO

For now the ARC will stay as it is, the black post is so long it goes half way down the seat tube and should safe guard against cracking, but a 3dv Moby is the remaining item on my shopping list.

unclechet wrote:
Very nicely done. Your build is making me want to break out my FRO and get it going. Your bike looks very similar to all the Yeti ARCs I saw racing NORBA nationals back in the early 90s. Especially the ones that came with riders from California. Mind you I was already riding age group races at that point. While I understand the efforts to get all the little bits correct I think it's important to realize that these bikes changed race to race, even day to day. Parts breaking, upgrades, etc. About the only time they were spot on was for magazine shoots and first delivered to the rider. I talked with John Parker many times and I think he was an amazing force in the early days of mountain bike racing. His bikes and his vision of upcoming riders certainly had a huge impact on the sport.

Your point about moving parts from one bike to another is so true, just look at the picture below that Andy from YETI fan sent me to highlight the point you also make… who in their right mind would ride a “privately owned” bike with Odd Grips, and he claims to have seen thumb shifter on one side of the bar and Gripshift on the other, aside from mis-matching Rims/Hubs and tyres.

Attachments:
ranjeet grewal arc .jpg
ranjeet grewal arc .jpg [ 360.98 KiB | Viewed 423 times ]

Last edited by Retro Spud on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:48 pm 

Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
mkozaczek wrote:
So let me get this straight... you cut off four of your fingers so as to have an excuse for the delay in getting this build done? Wow, that's some serious dedication!!!

Martin
I promise to do better next time….and with no blood, Your post made me smile

Jussa wrote:
Great build, have really enjoyed seeing this take shape, but sorry to hear about the injury :( Have they been able to save the fingers? I just hope it doesnt keep you off the road/trails for too long. Get Well Soon :D
Jussa :D

Jussa I know your good lady is a paramedic, thank god for people like her…they make a real difference when the going gets real tuff
Went back to the Frenchay Hospital today and the f’ing big bandage has now come off, thankfully the damage is not as bad as I feared but still stings like hell !

BobCat
I’ll be back next year for sure ! after all you have a great backyard and you guys run one of the best organized outings on the calendar

Attachments:
dooh.jpg
dooh.jpg [ 279.97 KiB | Viewed 418 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:15 am 
Old School Hero

awesome build, so sorry about your hand though! Hope you can get back to riding very soon!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:50 am 
Dirt Disciple

Ouch! That had to hurt. Hope you get recovered soon and easy. You've got an awesome bike to go out and ride ASAP!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:53 am 
Dirt Disciple

By the way Ranjeet was a great rider! I used to love watching him ride. In 2005 I met his father in Colorado and spoke with him at great length. He was a very nice man and his life story was really neat to hear. He was very gracious and I feel very lucky to have met him. He was an excellent bicycle racer on his own also. He just got started late.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:53 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

F'k me man, your poor hand! Thats is taking weight-weenyness too far.....
Excellent build man, happy for you it turned out great in the end.
It's all about the journey ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:17 pm 
South East Deputy AEC
South East Deputy AEC

Retro Spud wrote:
BobCat
I’ll be back next year for sure ! after all you have a great backyard and you guys run one of the best organized outings on the calendar

and that makes it all worthwhile. best compliment ever, thank you Nick. eat your spinach and get better quick ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:55 pm 
Retro Guru

Bloody hell Nick....... :facepalm:

Hope all is well mate 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next