Yo Eddy! & Koga SkyExpension

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi,

Made some modifications on both my Eddy and SkyExpension.

The ensamble, both of 1995 =>

2238764699_081869ff70_b.jpg

2239572872_386fa41b10_b.jpg

1995, same year as Defiant's Explosion. Resemblance is obvious. Most lugs are similar, but material for the tubing and of course the rear triangle differs. It is a bit like Lego :LOL:

This SkyExpension uses carbon tubing in the front triangle and aluminium for the rear. Lugs are aluminium. Shock is special design for this bike, I believe by Yamaha.

I initially wanted a H-Ball replica, but I soon changed direction. No Judy, a bit less Ringle, a bit more ti. What stayed is the wealth of colours :)

2238824493_528310540f.jpg
2238828303_031be5afac.jpg

The SkyExpension is much more efficient than my Verlicchi. It is not like a HT, but it comes close.

Cockpit of the two =>

2238767937_cf92b0a219_b.jpg

Cockpit for the Koga with Onza bar ends, ti Syncors bar, ti Race Face EX and XTR rapidfire units. The later operates XTR mechs and Grafton Speed Controllers. Imagine what this all must have cost back in the day :roll: ...BUT time went by and my dreambike (I even called my forum name after it, Elev12k = Elevation 12,000/SkyExpension) came within reach :)

The Yo:

A while ago I took this pic of the Yo =>

84522324_a7a9d0ccb0_b.jpg

I felt some chances had to be made. Most important being the V-brakes and the seat that positioned me too much to the front on the bike.

The modifications made:

went: red riser bar
new: neon yellow True Temper 4130 bar

went: XT V-brakes
new: Crystal Design cantis, Grafton FatFinger cable carriers

went: XT V-brake levers
new: XC Pro brake levers

went: Gripshift SRT600
new: XC Pro 8s thumbies

went: Brooks Swift
new: O2 with ti real

went: 24 Oldschool pedals
new: Suntour XC Pro GreaseGuard

2238771845_d0e2ed5c32.jpg
2239609906_f8a85b1f90.jpg

I got new yellow cables from corduroyboy almost immediately after I asked this forum where to get them. Thanks corduroyboy! Very kind.

The XC Pro for the cockpit =>

2238779685_cbf3e4af62_b.jpg

F*ck off :LOL: =>

2239565318_56be9515ed_b.jpg

Thank you. You like?

Yo-eddy

Not normally a fan of the yo-eddys' but that one i want. very very very nice :D

I like, but then I like all your bikes Melvin :LOL:

:idea: good to see cantilevers on the fat, I hate seeing bikes with canti bridges run with v-brakes.

and you need some anno gold on that Koga ;)

Can't honestly say I'm a Fat fan but that Yo with the matching Judys is sooo sweet! :cool: Cantis deffo an improvement! But, of course, it is the yellow cables that make it! ;)

How efficient are those Graftons on the Koga with dual rockers?

Hi all,

The bikes say thank you for the kind words :D

Corduroyboy":1eif8occ said:
How efficient are those Graftons on the Koga with dual rockers?

The setup is capable in stopping me, but I do not like dual rockers in general. With them the 2 cantis do not touch the rim at the same time. This means that one canti pushes the wheel a bit out of center when braking. I tried to avoid this as much as possible by reducing spring tension on the other canti. It sure helps, but it is not 100% fine. Faced this with other bikes earlier.

Elev12k":18n26sk4 said:
The setup is capable in stopping me, but I do not like dual rockers in general. With them the 2 cantis do not touch the rim at the same time. This means that one canti pushes the wheel a bit out of center when braking. I tried to avoid this as much as possible by reducing spring tension on the other canti. It sure helps, but it is not 100% fine. Faced this with other bikes earlier.

Indeed! Like a Cannondale 3.0 series with the 'Force 40' set-up and Pace RC35AB for example. Quickest way to stop was to jump off! (Or hit something!) :LOL:

Back