Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:19 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 pm 
eBay Outing Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:53 pm
Posts: 8000
Excellent recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:36 pm 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 8684
Location: Sunny Cornwall
That frame looks great. Where did you get it done?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:04 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:48 pm
Posts: 1409
Location: Edinburgh
8) 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:25 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 659
Location: Eastbourne / London
Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

raidan73 wrote:
That frame looks great. Where did you get it done?


Got it done by a guy called Bryan Purves, website here

He's a reslly nice guy, knows what he's doing and very honest and helpful. It cost £210 which I think wasn't bad considering he did all the prep, fixed the dent and a crack in the weld joining one of the brake bosses to the frame, and then plated it. He actually did it twice as he wasn't happy with his first effort....nice to see such pride in his work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 pm 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 8684
Location: Sunny Cornwall
renaldo wrote:
Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

raidan73 wrote:
That frame looks great. Where did you get it done?


Got it done by a guy called Bryan Purves, website here

He's a reslly nice guy, knows what he's doing and very honest and helpful. It cost £210 which I think wasn't bad considering he did all the prep, fixed the dent and a crack in the weld joining one of the brake bosses to the frame, and then plated it. He actually did it twice as he wasn't happy with his first effort....nice to see such pride in his work.


Looking to get some forks done but that link doesn't seem to work for me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:33 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 659
Location: Eastbourne / London
raidan73 wrote:

Looking to get some forks done but that link doesn't seem to work for me


Sorry, here's the address:
http://www.bryanpurves.co.uk/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:45 pm 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 8684
Location: Sunny Cornwall
renaldo wrote:
raidan73 wrote:

Looking to get some forks done but that link doesn't seem to work for me


Sorry, here's the address:
http://www.bryanpurves.co.uk/


Cheers, think there must be something wrong with either the site or my phone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:14 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 1103
This would look even better with a Pace stem I think!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:38 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 659
Location: Eastbourne / London
was8v wrote:
This would look even better with a Pace stem I think!


I was thinking the same thing, either that or an SK9 maybe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:57 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 659
Location: Eastbourne / London
Well, its finished - except I might change the BB for one with a shorter axle as the chainline isn't perfect and the front mech is on the limit of its adjustment, and maybe some fatter tyres. Also worried it might look like it has been ridden through the X-Lite factory and come out the toher side covered in X-Lite parts :?
I'm really happy with how its turned out, especially given the state it was in when I got it. Just need some nice weather to take it for a ride now, and some better photos :)

Frame: Orange P7
Fork: Pace RC36

Headset: Chris King NoThreadSet
Stem: Pace
Bar: X-Lite XLR Pro Titanium
Grips: Lizardskins Charger

Brakes: Shimano XT M739
Brake Pads: SwissStop Green
Brake Cables: Shimano XT
Brake Levers: Shimano XT M739 STI

Shifters: Shimano XT M739 STI
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT M739
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M739
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano XT M739
Cranks: Middleburn RS-3
Chainrings: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: Royce Ti 68 x 113mm
Pedals: Time ATAC

Hubs: Hope XC
Rims: Mavic X517
Hub Skewers: Hope
Tyres: Ritchey Z-Max WCS 26 x 1.75

Saddle: X-Lite PSS Titanium / Kevlar
Seatpost: X-Lite Matrix

Weight: 24lbs / 10.9kg

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], MSNbot Media and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group