1995 Kona AA single speed

dvatcmark

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Its probably not to everyone's liking just like my lava dome but here's my latest retro build.

Handily with a 32 18 gearing for winter it didn't need a tensioner.
20120922_1030032.jpg

20120922_1024302.jpg

Pics up chaps, photobucket app had died on my phone.

Here's the build

95 AA frame
RC31 forks
XT discs M765
XT chain set M751 I think
Original kona set post
Race face deus bars and stem
Mavic 317 rims on DT hubs
Wtb velocirapter tyres

I'm going t use it over winter so went with discs over rim brakes, I know its a bit taboo on a retro but I can't be done with destroying a set of rims in the mud!

That looks really nice mate. I would like to see what it looks like with a black post - thinking of a stealth fighter :cool:

raidan73":12v5uniq said:
That looks really nice mate. I would like to see what it looks like with a black post - thinking of a stealth fighter :cool:

Yep that's going to happen shortly as that silver post will look far more at home on my 1994 AA :D

v nice. I've got exactly that going on with mine at the moment, though i'm running V's and it's a summer-time bike (saving the rims too ;) )

very curious about your chain/magic gear. is yours an 18", it looks like it.

I run a strectched chain on 32x17 on mine, and it fits perfect

My frame is a 19 too although it seems smaller than my 94 AA. I needed to measure all three tubes on both so i can see of they are theed same our nit

The gearing in the pics is 32 x 18. The front ring is just a knackered middle ring off another chainset. the chain isn't new though, I've used it on another bike so its probably stretched too.

Haven't done a proper ride on it yet so can't confirm if it works properly without a tensioner. Seems ok up and down the street but that's not a real test.

Back