S&G Araya Muddy Fox 1983/4

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Finished apart from the grips a gear cables to fit. lot more pictures in the pinkbike link.

main.php

main.php

main.php

Well it start off when I got hold what looked like a very batted old Muddy Fox, all I saw was the 80`s bullmoose bars and I new then it had too be mine. So I took it home and cleaned it up and it turned out very very nice indeed, that was my 1985 Muddy Fox big foot 2. A very odd bike being a 24” wheel bike but of a normal frame size 17.5” bb to seat tube and a 21” top tube, ok probably small for back then as most bike had massive frames. Any how sold it for some god unknown reason and regretted it the minute is was in the box to post it, so I have been on the look out for something very similar since.

Forward on about 10 moths and this popped up in the ebay and market watch on here and by some sort of massive amount of luck I picked it up for a very nice price, I was buzzing. When it turned up 2 weeks later, unpacking it was very exciting as the picture on ebay was very poor and I didn’t really know what I was getting. Turns out to be a very early S&G import I think from 1983 but could be 84, its in surprisingly good condition all original apart from the front mech, the deacls are still on the bike and look great and the paint is a beautiful metallic black, I just need some wheels to complete the bike.

Im not going to mess about with the bike just going to strip it down, clean it ( a lot) and put in new bearing and cable inners. I might clear coat over the decals as they are stuck on over the paint and in one or two places are starting to peel, what do you think?

Frame number is ARYF480599 and its a MB-MF26B. not sure what the frame number tells me but the MB-MF26B is an 1983 year bike .

http://www.araya-rinkai.jp/catalog/1982 ... 3mf26b.htm

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Cheers

Had a bit of a result today mrgumby on here has sorted me out some wheels for the bike.

Unclejack":1ouhsplo said:
and mine is in the post to me as we speak! btw what dates on the cantis? and also on the mech?

I will have a look, had a nice afternoon in the sun stripped down the bike apart from the BB ( why ruin a nice day?). Made a start on the pedals and a bottle of red

main.php

Back