Gold Avalanche

rosstoward

Dirt Disciple
Can anyone help me with this - Just bought of ebay and want to know year etc so i can rebuild - i think its 1998 but can't find any info. Its in mint condition.

Any advice would be helpful as well as spec recommendations.

Attachments

• GTAV1.jpg
    GTAV1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,148
there is not that much advice to give really - measure the bottom bracket shell area to make sure that you by the right width (68mm or 73mm), check out the forum archive for components and axle widths/ chain lines/ chianset clearance and so on. Forks will be 1 1/8th

Make sure you get the seatpost size correct as too small a post will damage the seatclamp/ tube and too big will get stuck.

- make it into your own bike! Colour is brilliant so go mad on it.

Heres my Avalanche built up as a commuter

gt_avalanche_commuter_445.jpg

Black n Gold

Was thinkg of a black n gold colour scheme - but your right seat post is the clincher, its roughly the time they went from 27 to 27.2mm, my ruler in the office isnt that accurate, but will try the post off my old bike when i get it home.

Liking your commuter mate.

Thanks for the reply

i had one of those back in the day. i had black marzocchi Z2 forks on it and XT.

brilliant bike.

if my memory serves you are correct, being 1997 maybe 98. i cant remember exactly when i bought mine... :oops:

Am hoping its a 98 as has seat clamp built in, this would mean its a 27.2mm seatpost. Will have another look on the catalogue picture to try and narrow down.

Was gonna put Surly 1x1 413s on it due to lack of color compatible forks and to maintain the geometry!!! Apart from black, what goes with gold? lol

Back