The Rumpfy Collection. Current Muses

rumpfy

BoTY Winner
Figured I'd share some of my projects from the last 5-8 years of hunting and collecting. Not all of them...but a few. :)

1987 fillet brazed Bontrager Cross. Pre-production, "ex-local pro's bike" so I'm told.

IMG_4187.jpg

1992 fillet brazed GT Psyclone. All XTR and Syncros.

IMG_5077.jpg

1991 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Lite. They used the 'Lite' nomer for only one year before going back to Whiskeytown Racer. The 'Lite' marked the change to a lighter weight tubing I believe. Oh...and it's full Bamboo paint. Full XTR with the titanium Syncros bar and post.

IMG_4160.jpg

1990 Ritchey P-23. Recently finish project. Should make for an excellent rider. All XT and Ritchey parts.

IMG_5572.jpg

1986 fillet brazed Salsa Scoboni. Actually hand brazed and painted by Salsa founder Ross Shafer. Amazing riding bike for its age. Full XT, Cook Bros cranks, matching Bullseye wheelset.

IMG_5456.jpg

1992 Slingshot 'team issue'. One of 18 'team' bikes issued for 1992. This is #18, used as a pit bike. I've since turned it into a single speed drop bar wonder with a nice array of blue anodized bits. As weird as it looks...it rides great.

IMG_4171.jpg

1991 Stumpjumper Epic Carbon. My first bike was a 91 Stumpy...base model. Now that I'm older...if I want to relive my youth...go top of the line. This is a quasi Ned Overend build with the Litespeed stem and bars, IRD seatpost. All XT everything else.

IMG_3974.jpg

1992 fillet brazed Steve Potts Custom. Pure luxury.

IMG_5111.jpg

1984 fillet brazed Steve Potts Custom. A much older version of the same fantastic bike. Belonged to an ex-Potts employee. Its seen thousands upon thousands of miles. A true classic.

IMG_4181.jpg

Very nice stable Eric!

At least the Raleigh Tomac Signature is missing from the list but of course we all have seen it numerous times...

So, now when you have completed the P-23, what's next ? ;)

:shock:

My god! What a shed full!

That GT is beautiful, proper old school, just so right in every respect. Love it :cool:

Nice collection there Erik - particulalrly impressed by the period correct build on the Bontrager Cross ;) :LOL:

(my personal favourite - would love to give it a hammering at The Peaks)

Excellent collection, almost a museum full. :cool:

The only one's I'm not sure about are the Potts bikes. I know they are very desirable and beautifully put together but I can't learn to like the geometry of the frame. Interesting that the Salsa from the same period has the much more compact frame design that we're all so used to seeing these days.

Very cool dood. :cool:

Lovely bikes there! Gotta be the Mountain Goat or Ritchey P-23.Lovely clean looking machines!
Thanx Max

Well it's hard to pick a favourite, but if Konas are worthy of a Bike of the Month all to themselves, there's certainly enough material here for a Bike of the Month open only to bikes owned by Rumpfy - and I expect that isn't even his full collection nor anywhere near it.

And I don't expect they reside in a 'shed' either. At least, not a shed as we know it.

I must learn more about Mountain Goats. This Lite looks as though it has 28.6 top and down tubes, whereas the beautiful one of Carsten's in the BotY maybe wasn't as light but had top and down tubes far skinnier than the seat tube, which I hadn't seen before in a mountain bike.

Back