Diamondback Topanga value

Jaymz

Dirt Disciple
My lad picked this up recently and Im lost, i know BMX not MTB

From what i can research its a 93[ish] model

My lad is looking to get shot so whats a fair price, he did a few hours of garden clearance and got a bit of cash and this as payment. I have a buyer who wants it but want to price it right, as in mates rates plus postage

oh and unfortunately the stem is scrap as has a dent in it :(

576900_10151203752551942_578886772_n.jpg

cheers

I believe your Topanga is a 1991 model. I have a 92' model and I believe it is the same frame basically (True temper main tubes, 100% cromoly). As far as the value, I wouldn't think they are worth that much, but then again I was looking for several years for a really nice full cromo frame, and was willing to pay a decent amount for it, so keep that in mind.

I swapped one in a similar state for a pair of old suspension forks if that helps. So £20/30

The Topanga is just below Ascent in the DB line up.. there should be a tube sticker but I suspect it's cr-mo main tubes and possibly hi-ten stays. looks like the fork is cr-mo

$10-$20? dunno how valued MTBs are ove there

True Temper AVR tubing and from the days when the frame was good and the parts upgradable - I sold a mint one for £60 with 300LX parts

I let it go to a friend and a member on here (electronicaeric) for 25 quid including post think that was fair and Eric was happy with the price and junior was happy with 15 squid in his pocket . Jobs a good un

prob about right. There is one for sale on ebay for £25 as a complete bike, just too far for me, and the wife will have a fit. I have 4 DBs in the spare room, and my main bike isn't back from Spain yet :oops:

Back